We are having crazy weather lately, from hot humid, foggy to cold. And not enough dealing with that, I got sick with cough allergies for some weeks 😢
But luckily I still sew some small garments for my son and finished this polka dot dress. This dress is my first based on Casual Sweet Clothes - Favourite Pieces For Everyday sewing book by Noriko Sasahara that I bought during my visit to Singapore in October last year. I also bought some fabrics, patterns and Burdastyle magazine, you can find them in my old IG post, here.
2 yards of polka dot cotton in light green colour, invisible zipper, fusible interfacing and thread.
Dress A with ruffle shoulder detail size S with following adjustment,
- I reduced the middle center front and back 1 cm because the dress is a little bit too loose.
- Lowered the CF neckline 5.5 cm and drew a new line of the front neckline.
- Raised the ruffle placement 2 cm and trimmed the ruffle at the shoulder 3 cm down to the end 1/2 cm (hope this explanation makes sense).
- I used 1.5 cm seam allowances in all edges and 3 cm hem allowance.
After that, I sewn the front and back sides right sides together and attached it to the middle bodice.
As shown below, the neckline was too high for my usual style. So, I reduced 5.5 cm at the CF and drew a new line of the neckline. I carefully cut it and make a new facings. Fused the fusible interfacing on both front and back neckline facings and also fused on both armhole facings.
Then, sewn the front and back neckline facings right sides together and attached it to the bodice, clipped the curve areas and did the same for armholes facings. Turned all the facing inside and hand sewn some parts for the facings to stayed in place.
Here is the final look of the back side. Well, I am happy with it 😊
Picture below shows the different look on the original neckline and my version. I know that some people look good on high neckline but not me.