Posts

Showing posts from May, 2016

Summer Tops

Image
Hi everyone, Don't get surprised with the amount of tops I made lately. I made five! Yes, I need them all to wear during summer :) I was lucky to have all the fabrics inside stash, most of them are the leftover from previous garments. Before I show you the pattern and detail, let's take a look of the finished tops. I love them all, they are really comfy and easy to wear with anything. The fabric are all one meter of knits, knit cotton (red, black, yellow and emerald blue) and denim jersey knit. I used  BurdaStyle Triangle Cutout Dress  pattern to make this top. I cut the length right in my hips, skip the triangle cutout and lower the neckline 3 cm. Except the one with denim jersey knit, the neckline is just like the original pattern. Also, I used 1 cm seam allowances in all edges and 1.5 cm hem allowance. The sewing process was very fast, I did each top in two hours including cutting the fabric. As usual, I started by sew both shoulders right sides together followed

Easy Shift Dress

Image
Hello everyone, Today I'd love to show you my new dress that I made last week. It is a lovely shift dress with pocket and easy to sew. The original pattern has triangle cutout in the front, but I skip it. Before I explain more about the detail, let's take a look of the final dress. I am wearing it today for MMMay'16 Day 12 , the picture taken in one of the small streets in Old Taipa Village - Macau :)   For the fabric, I used 1.75 yards of light weight denim jersey knit and for the pattern, I used BurdaStyle Triangle Cutout Dress 08/2014#117  size 36. Beside skipping the triangle cutout, I added 1.5 cm in the shoulder at the neckline and drew a new line of the neckline. Also I added 2 cm at the waist, then drew a new line from the armhole down to the hemline. As I want the dress length right on my knee, I added 3 cm from the original pattern with 2 cm hem allowance and 1.5 cm seam allowance in all edges. image source from BurdaStyle I really enjoyed sew

V-neck Floral Blouse

Image
Hi everyone, I am wearing my V-neck floral blouse for the second day of Me-Made-May'16. Me and my family went to the Venetians Macau this morning. Are you participating? If yes, happy MMM'16 to you :) I am posting my daily outfit through Flickr , you can pop over  the group to see all the lovely participants. I made this blouse in October last year but never had the opportunity to publish a blog post :( For the fabric, I used kind of transparent cotton voile with lovely bright floral and I only bought 1.5 yards which is just enough to make sleeveless blouse. For the pattern, I used BurdaStyle Simple Blouse 04/2013#104A size 36 with modification in the neckline, front piece and skip the sleeves. The original pattern is a long sleeves blouse with high collar and high low hem. I started the process with the front piece, make the V-neckline by measure 11 cm from CF down to the chest and drew a new line of V-neck (I did the same as  my first blouse ). For the back piece,