Showing posts from August, 2013

Burdastyle Summer Tank, Dress And Jersey Cowl Top

Hello... Finally my little boy recovered from cough and flu, so today I have time to write a post on this blog. I finished three projects before my holidays but I didn't have time to post them. The summer tank and dress based on free Burdastyle pattern . The pattern is originally for a tank but I think it will be good to make a dress too. SUMMER TANK Pattern : free pattern from Burdastyle, Summer Tank Top 05/2013 size 34/36. Beware, the pattern is too big, the size of the armhole is almost on my waist. So, I have to reduced both side of the tank 3". And I also reduced the length of the tank 3.5" Materials : 1.5 yard of printed rayon from my stash - it's not the most comfortable fabric but the print is beautiful. This is a very easy and fun project to make. I drew the pattern according to the instructions from Burdastyle, reduced the side and the length of the tank. I sew the tank right side together with 1.5 cm seam allowance. Then sew the drawstring and

I Am Back

Hello! I arrived home on Friday and have been busy with a lot of stuff and taking care my little boy. He is recovering from cough and flu, poor baby:( For sure, I will be back to sewing and blogging after my boy recovered. And here are three batiks that I brought from my holidays in Bali-Indonesia. The first one is silk batik in printed shiny purple that my mom gave me as souvenir, the second one is batik sarong in printed green color and the third one is batik keris in printed white and brown color. Both of the second and third batik I bought in Matahari Plaza-Kuta, Bali. The three batiks are going to pre-washing, ironing and stay inside my stash box waiting for the right pattern:)

Hello from Bali

Hello everyone, I am really enjoying my holidays with my family in Bali - Indonesia.  Here are some photos of the holidays including one of my mother wearing the top that I made for her and me wearing my new project that I will post as soon as I am back to Macau.

Tops For My Mom

Hi everyone... I mentioned on my last post that I made two tops for my mom but in the end I made three for her:) I will meet her on the vacations very soon, so I wanted to make something special for her. I just hope that she will like it and the tops will fit her nicely. Top A top A front top A back Top B top B front top B back Both tops A and B based on  Burdastyle pattern 04/2014  size 44 with adjustment in the waist and hips areas ( waist : size 48 and hips : size 46), the pattern originally is for a dress. I cut the length of the pattern, make the neckline smaller by adding 2 cm on both side and draw a new neckline, omitted the ruffles on the sleeve and hem, sew the button on the back and added the tabs on the sleeves. The tops are facing up with same fabric and fused with light weight fusible interfacing. Also, I used 1.5 cm seam allowances for all edges and hem. And 3 cm for sleeve hem. Materials: Top A ( 2 1/2 yards of printed taffeta in dark blue

Button-Down Shirt For Husband

 Hello all... This is my second project based on Sewing Vintage Modern - Frank Button-Down Shirt  size 56, with short sleeve. I made this shirt especially for my husband to wear at work and I am glad that he is really happy with it. Materials: 21/4 yards of white with light purple stripe cotton fabric, 8 pieces buttons, fusible interfacing and same color of thread. How I worked : The work on this shirt is exactly like the first one that I made for him many months ago. You can see the details of sewing in progress  here  and here . I enjoyed the sewing process as usual and I will definitely make some more.   Also, I have done two tunics for my mom and I will post it on the blog soon. And now, I am working on a summer tank for me to wear on the holidays:) Happy sewing and have a great weekend!