Posts

Showing posts from October, 2020

Gingham Shirt

Image
I  finished my gingham shirt for my entry to   #sewyourwardrobebasics  October challenge with the theme "check" hosted by  @seaofteal . For the fabric, I used cotton blend gingham fabric. The fabric was a souvenir from my trip to London in 2017, so I'm really happy that I finally used it. For the pattern, I used Fait Main May 2019-124. The original pattern was a dress pattern and I just cut the length and made the U-shape hemline. I did my first version of the pattern some month back (striped blue shirt),  link here  in case you are interested to see. The sewing process was easy because I don't need to trace a new pattern and the fabric was lovely to work with. I fused the fusible interfacing in the outer collar, cuffs and front plackets. Also, I tried my best to match the checked pattern and I was happy that the sides, sleeves and front matched nicely except for the shoulder 😊 The sleeve plackets finished with bias tape band that

Burdastyle Blazer

Image
Hello,  I finally finished my new blazer after three weeks working on it. This blazer is my entry to #sewyourwardrobebasics September challenge hosted by Stefanie  @seaofteal Sorry I'm late 😑  Pattern: I used Budastyle 107-10/2019 size 19 with adjustments.  Fabrics: cotton blend with a little stretch in dark blue and silk satin in brown for the lining. Both fabrics  and notions (threads, buttons and fusible interfacing) were from stash. The original pattern has welt pocket with flap and short style blazer. As I wanted to save time, I changed into patch pocket and lengthened the hem 11 cm because I wanted a longer version. Also, as my fabric was cotton blend with a little stretch (pattern suggestion: knit fabric), I have to make adjustment on the pattern. I did full bicep adjustment on the upper sleeve pattern, I slashed the pattern in three and connected them again. Also, I added 1.5 cm in the middle of the side piece. As shown below,