Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from November, 2014

DIY Friday : Green Tote Bag With Trains

Hello...
I hope you all had a lovely weekend :)
I am late for my DIY Friday post this week because I was busy with a lot of things. I was preparing the post in Friday afternoon but I couldn't finish it.
So, only today I manage to sit in front of my computer and continue writing the post :)

I love making tote bag. In the previous time, I made several in different colors and shapes. I used some for myself and I gave some to close friends and family.

And this time I made tote bag for my son Eduardo to put his stuff (blanket and pillow) to take to school.
I was thinking that this tote bag will look nicer/cuter if I put some sticker in it. Then I searched my stash box and found the train stickers that I bought last time. I showed it to Eduardo and he likes it :)

The sewing process of making this tote bag is easy and fast, I have done it in three hours and it was a very relaxing project to make :)
The size of this tote bag approximately 17" width, 11.5" tall and 5" dee…

DIY Friday : Shoulder Pads

Hello everyone,
Starting today and on every Friday you will find a new episode about DIY in this blog. I mentioned about this plan in my last post some weeks ago but only now I manage to make it true... :)

So here is the first DIY Friday, it's something very easy and fast to make and using fabric scraps. Believe me, this little DIY only took me less than one hour to finish.

The idea came up when I needed shoulder pads for my BurdaStyle jacket that I have been working on since last week.
I didn't want to buy ready made shoulder pads in my local shop because they look too big and bulky for me. I like kind of soft and not so stuffy, so I prefer to make it myself.

Pattern:
I followed step by step tutorials in BurdaStyle.com here is the link how to make your own shoulder pad.
The tutorial were easy to follow, but they didn't mention about the finishing shoulder pad. So I just sew around it using an overlocker sewing machine after sew it with normal sewing machine. I think this…

Finished October MAGAM Outfit

Hello...
I made this outfit after finishing my second version of New Look 6225. The idea came up suddenly when I realized that I didn't make any plans for October MAGAM Challenge. As I only have a little time to finish it, I chose this outfit to work with. And luckily the outfit was completed before the end of October but to publish it here took me more time :)

Materials:
For the top - I used 1.5 yards of printed chiffon and black thread.
For the skirt - I used 1.5 yards of linen in black color, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper and black thread.

Patterns And Alterations:
For the top - I used Simplicity New Look 6225 B  size 34.  You can see my first and second version here. I made the top length a little bit shorter and the neckline not so high than the two previous  tops.

For the skirt, I used Burdastyle Tie Skirt 08/2012 # 134 size 36 but I omitted the tie. You can see my first version of this skirt here. I made the skirt length 4 cm longer than the first one.

The sewing p…

Mickey Mouse And Ghost For Halloween

Hello...
I made two Halloween costumes! A Mickey Mouse for my son Eduardo and a ghost for my stepson Rafael :)
Eduardo celebrated the Halloween with his teachers and classmates in his kindergarten school. In the morning they had parade around the school and then they had party in the afternoon in the classroom. I managed to come to join them in the afternoon party, it was so much fun :)

Rafael attended the Halloween party in the friend house. And he said that he had a nice party as well :)

Before I continue writing more about the detail of the costumes, here is the picture of "costume in progress" which I want to share earlier in the blog but I don't have time to do it.


MICKEY MOUSE COSTUME DETAIL

Eduardo love Mickey so much, so it's a good opportunity to make something that he loves. Two weeks before Halloween, I looked for the material inside my stash and luckily I had 2 yards of black knit cotton which is more than enough to make the top with hoodie. I also had p…