Hello, I made this dress to wear in a friend's wedding party in the end of the year. My plan was to wear the sleeveless dress that I made some years back but I gave up because of the cold weather. So, I decided to make this dress. I am glad that the dress finished on time and it fits me fine even I didn't make a muslin.
For the fabric, I used wool blend with a little stretch in very dark blue colour from stash.
For the pattern, I used Burdastyle Power dress 08/2016 size 36 with a modification on the neckline and sleeve. After all, my dress is nothing like the original pattern :) I changed the neckline from round neckline with front slit to a v-neckline, also I changed the short sleeve to a long sleeve.
The dress has princess seams, knee length, back zipper, V shape at the front and back neckline - finished with lace elastic band sewn around.
For the front, I measured from the CF down 11 cm and made a new line of v-neckline. For the back, I measured from CB down 14 cm and made a new line of v-back as well. Too bad no more pictures to show about the process because I didn't have too much time for that, I just want to finish the dress as fast as possible :)
The skirt has back darts that connected to the same line as the back seams. No darts at the front and finished with 3 cm blind hem.
The final dress is lovely and glad that I decided to sew it, I am sure I will wear it in another occasion.
Here is the front and back views of the dress on Ellie my dress form,
the lace elastic band is actually use for lingerie. I bought 6 yards to make undies one day. The elastic did a very good job here in my dress, it keeps the v-neckline stay in place nicely 😀