Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Classic V-neck Dress

Hello, I made this dress to wear in a friend's wedding party in the end of the year. My plan was to wear the sleeveless dress that I made some years back but I gave up because of the cold weather. So, I decided to make this dress. I am glad that the dress finished on time and it fits me fine even I didn't make a muslin.
For the fabric, I used wool blend with a little stretch in very dark blue colour from stash.
For the pattern, I used Burdastyle Power dress 08/2016 size 36 with a modification on the neckline and sleeve. After all, my dress is nothing like the original pattern :) I changed the neckline from round neckline with front slit to a v-neckline, also I changed the short sleeve to a long sleeve.
The dress has princess seams, knee length, back zipper, V shape at the front and back neckline - finished  with lace elastic band sewn around.
The sewing process started with sew the princess seams at the front and back bodices. Below picture is the original style of the back bodice, I decided to cut the back to a v-back bodice and did the same with front bodice.

For the front, I measured from the CF down 11 cm and made a new line of v-neckline. For the back, I measured from CB down 14 cm and made a new line of v-back as well. Too bad no more pictures to show about the process because I didn't have too much time for that, I just want to finish the dress as fast as possible :)
The sleeves has two pieces, front and back. I don't need to make adjustment, it fits nicely on my arm - not too tight or too loose, finished sleeve hems with 1.5 cm blind hem stitched.
The skirt has back darts that connected to the same line as the back seams. No darts at the front and finished with 3 cm blind hem.
The final dress is lovely and glad that I decided to sew it, I am sure I will wear it in another occasion.
Here is the front and back views of the dress on Ellie my dress form,
The closer looks of the front princess seams and the finished neckline. Well, the lace elastic band is actually use for lingerie. I bought 6 yards to make undies one day. The elastic did a very good job here in my dress, it keeps the v-neckline stay in place nicely 😀
And here is the back side, invisible zipper inserted at center back. The dress looks a little bit bigger for Ellie but actually it fits me nicely.
The inner side/wrong side of the dress.
And more pictures of me wearing it. I decided to share rare pictures of me and DH here in the blog. Pictures taken at home before the party and the last picture taken in the place. It was a lovely wedding party.


That's it for today post, wishing all friends a happy sewing! I still have two more projects to share from 2016, hand knit cowl and oversize coat. Hope to blog about them next week.

Love,
Hana.

Comments

  1. Very elegant Hana. And I just love the lace elastic you added around the neckline. Stunning dress you look lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hana, your dress is beautiful.. Looks so pretty on you.. You and hubby look very nice.. Have a blessed week. and Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. Have a blessed week and a happy sewing to you too.

      Delete
  3. Classy and beautiful! It looks gorgeous on you. I really love it:) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very beautiful dress - it is so smart and classic. This will come out time and time again when you have a special occasion to dress for. The lace is a perfect finish, just gives a hint of softness to the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah Liz, never come to mind that the lace elastic band can do a lovely job :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with classy and beautiful! It was the perfect dress for a wedding! The lace at the neckline was a nice addition. You and your hubby look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Hana!
    Your dress is very beautiful. You and your husband look very elegant and pretty.
    LG Carolin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classy, beautiful, elegant.... all describe how you look in this beautiful dress! So glad you provided the link to the Burda website as it is amazing to see the modifications you made to the dress to suit you. You did a fantastic job!!! And may I say how happy you look!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely compliment, Lisa. The V-neck made the dress look completely different than the original pattern.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous dress Hana and you look terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous in your dress Hana! Love the color, this will be a dress you will likely wear again and again..or at least you should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo. I will wear this dress again for sure :)

      Delete
  10. I love how your dress turned out, Hana. You looked so classy and elegant in it. The lace on the neckline worked so well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous! What a great picture of you and your husband. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, the dress is fabulous.
    I'm following:)
    Happy days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment