Showing posts from October, 2015

In Progress : Light Pink Coat Part 1

Hello, I am working on my BurdaStyle coat for MAGAM  October with the theme "Sew the U.F.O". I traced the pattern and pre-washed the fabrics last year but in the end I couldn't make it. So, it is a lovely feeling that this time I am working on it and hopefully I can wear when the weather isn't too cool :) Pattern: BurdaStyle  Three Quarter Sleeve Coat 08/2014  size 36. The coat has boxy style, no collar, 3/4 sleeves and oversize patch pockets. I omitted the crease bottom (piece no 3) and instead of two pieces back coat, I made it on the fold. Also, I am not so sure how the boxy coat with oversize patch pockets will fit my petite frame. We will see and I hope I can make it work :) source Material: 2.5 yards of rayon viscose crepe fabric in light pink colour for the coat body and 2 yards of brocade fabric in light cream for the lining, fusible interfacing, four snap buttons (fasteners) and threads. Sewing Process: Before I cut the fabric, I laid the

First Knitting Project - Infinity Scarf

Hello... Hope you all have a lovely weekend! I wanted to know how to knit since a long time but only last month I decided to buy knitting kits and learning how to knit. Also, I bought knitting magazine in August and read some techniques but I was confused. Then I went to YouTube to watch some lessons and so happy that I got it :) As I am a beginner knitter, I just want to try something simple and suitable for my level. So, I knit an infinity scarf. I didn't follow any pattern but just knit in circular needle and here is the result, Knitting Process: I did my first exercise Garter Stitch in the two balls of very cheap wool yarns that I bought in my local Japanese shop, followed easy video tutorial from  Studio Knit . And here is my result, After I did Garter Stitch, I am curious about Stockinette Stitch, they look so nice for scarf but I had a problem that they were curling during the process. Then I found another tip that I should stitch borders around them to avoid c

Polka Dot Blouse

Hello... For September "Snoop Sewing" I decided to copy Lauren Conrad blouse, shown  here . My plan was sew a high collar blouse and big chest pockets b ut things didn't go so well and in the end I have to cut the high collar and make it as a V-neck blouse. I also skip the pockets because they don't look good with V neck. Here is the final result... picture from Pattern And Materials: BurdaStyle Simple Blouse 04/2013 # 104 A  size 36 1.5 yards of small black polka dots over white colour cotton fabric, 8 small dark brown and white gingham buttons, 1/2" bias tape and thread. Sewing Process: As usual I sew the front plackets and sew the front and back pieces at the shoulder right sides together, then attached the sleeves on the body. After that I sew the high collar and attached to the neckline. The result shown in the picture below (first one from the left). My work on the collar was fine but just a little bit tight for my neck and i