Showing posts from February, 2015

MAGAM January : Double Breasted Plaid Jacket

Hello.. Finally I made my plaid jacket! It was not an easy work, especially to match the plaids. Actually, my jacket finished one week ago but I didn't have time to take pictures. I am planning to take outdoor pictures but the weather is not supporting my plans. Humid, foggy and the worst is there is no more cold here. Anyway, the weather in Macau is unpredictable. Maybe we will have more cold to come and I will be lucky to wear my new jacket but if not, I will wear it next year :) Pattern: This is my second version of BurdaStyle wool jacket based on this pattern from 10/2013 #106  size 36. You can see my first version here My Wool Jacket In Grey Color. I made the jacket same length as the first one with the following modification: I changed the front jacket, from single breasted to double breasted. Finished with bound button-holes Changed the back from two pieces of pattern to one piece Shaped up the sleeves because it looks a little bit sloppy for my taste, omitted

DIY Friday : Accessories

Hello everyone, I'd love to show you what I made last Friday. I made two cosmetic bags in big and small size, one pencil case, two sunglass cases and one small jewelry pouch. Here they are...    Pattern and materials for the cosmetic bags and pencil case: Pattern : Draft it yourself cosmetic bag followed with easy tutorial from Hannah In The House.   Materials : fabric scraps - medium crepe in pink floral and deep pink, lining fabrics - printed cotton and wine color cotton, zippers and thread.   The sewing process was easy and fast, I measured directly on the fabric and cut them all. For the big cosmetic bag I measured on the fabric 25 cm x 39 cm. For the small cosmetic bag I measured 18 cm x 26 cm. And for the pencil case 30 cm x 20 cm. All the sizes are including 1 cm seam allowances. I sew lining for the big cosmetic bag and pencil case but I leave the small cosmetic bag without lining.   Well, I forgot to take pictures of my sewing process. If you

Share In Style: Japanese Inspiration - BurdaStyle Poncho 12/2014

Hello.. I am joining Share In Style hosted by Rosy - Sewingadicta and  Mis Papelicos . The topic for February 16th was Japanese Inspiration, I am already thinking about Mori girl style that is in the list of modern Japanese street style. Mori means forest in Japanese, which the style concept is natural and earthly. Well, I decided to use my boiled wool in green earthy color from stash and sew a lovely poncho based on BurdaStyle pattern. After all, I am happy with how it turned out and it was fast and easy to make it. I am done in less than two hours. Inspiration:  Japanese Mori style Materials: 1.5 yards of boiled wool in green earthy color, self-made bias tape from knit fabric and same color of thread Pattern: Draft it yourself poncho from BurdaStyle 12/2014 size 34-38.  source from BurdaStyle 12/2014 Sewing process: I mentioned above that the sewing process was fast and easy. I fold the fabric as the instruction said, measured directly on the