Posts

Showing posts from August, 2020

Wrap Dress

Image
I wanted to sew this wrap style dress since the day I received the Burdastyle magazine from my cousin. So happy that I finally made it and wore it last week. For the fabric, I used printed knit cotton that I bought recently in the local shop.  This dress is part of my  #makenine2020 , a yearly self-challenge in Instagram and glad I managed to make six garments, missing three more to sew before the end of the year (culottes, long jacket and denim jacket). Pattern:  Burdastyle Jersey Dress 05/2019  size 38. I loved the pattern because of the lovely shoulder ties and the wrap style. But I decided to raise the neckline 1.5 cm and shorten the length at the hemline 3 cm, finished with 2.5 cm hem allowance sewed with a twin needle. The armholes and neckline finished with bias tape binding from the same fabric. The process started with cutting the fabric, you can see below that my fabric has a white border in between the print, I think this fabric designed for a

DIY Swimsuits

Image
I made two swimsuits and so happy with how they turned out. The first version in purple was finished in the beginning of the month, I posted a video in  my Instagram and the second one in orange with addition of wrap design finished on Sunday, the day before we started our staycation. Besides two swimsuits, I managed to sew two dresses for myself and one shirt for dear husband. I will share the details of each garment in the later posts.  These two swimsuits are part of  my 2020 Make Nine and my entry to  Magam Sew Along  August in Instagram. For the purple swimsuit, I used medium weight jersey knit from the local shop and pattern was self-drafted. It has a simple design, v-neck in the front and deep v-back that in the end became U-shape 😄 I think because the fabric stretched.  Pattern details: Back: cut two pieces on the fold ( for outer and lining). Front: cut two pieces on the fold ( for outer and lining). Upper front lining: cut one piece on the fold, I w

Colour Block Dress

Image
I made this dress in the end of last month as my entry to "Join Up July" #magamsewalong challenge in Instagram hosted by Sue, Helene and Suzy.  My plan was to sew a simple and classy colour block dress to wear for dinner out or special occasion.  I used my self-drafted dress pattern, based on basic dress slopers that I drew in May. I changed the dart position, omitted the sleeves and changed the neckline shape. My fabrics were cotton blend in black and Indonesian batik that I bought locally.  I used the batik for one side at the front only and used black cotton blend for the rest.  The dress has zipper in the center back, two darts in the front, two darts in the back, finished the neckline with facings and the armhole with me-made bias tape in black. The progress was fast, I started with sewing the front piece - connected the two fabrics together and, sewed the darts and then the shoulder lines together. I sewed the zipper, neck facing and then