Showing posts from January, 2016

Linen Top With Lace Applique

I planned to make a linen top with lace applique for my entry to "Sew Recreate The Look" challenge hosted by Jen  and Sharlene  on Instagram last month but couldn't make it on time. I finished the top on 7th May and I only managed to take pictures today.  This top is also for my entry to "Magam Sewalong" - April Amigas challenge hosted by Sue , Suzy  and  Helene  on Instagram, I got the lace fabric from my friend Ana Maria two years ago and I think this top matches the theme. The top design was copied from Pinterest,  link here  and the fabric was a linen from my stash. I lined the top with lightweight cotton fabric in off-white color. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. I modified my basic top sloper into the design I want. As shown below. I changed the side ties fabric into cotton shirting because the linen was a little hard to tie together, not so nice. The sewing progress involved a lot of pinning

Hand Knit Bobble Hat

Hi, I have been very enthusiastic with knitting lately and so glad I managed to finish my first bobble hat right on time when the weather is getting cold :) I found a free pattern and tutorial from Mollie Makes - Bobble Hat  and it was easy to follow. The original hat is lovely, it comes with smaller width 2x2 ribbing and continue with stockinette stitch. As I am learning new stitches and eager to try, I added different type of stitches for the body that I found in Creative Knitting magazine autumn 2015. Materials: I used 150 yards of  Zarone - Filatura Di Crosa Italia - pure wool blend in shade 37.  Circular needle 7 mm - 40 cm Tapestry needle Scissor Knitting process started from cast on 56 sts and join the round, continue with 2x2 ribbing, k2-p2 until the stitches measure 2.5". After that, I did stockinette stitches 5 rounds, then added k1,p1 in one round and p1,k1 in another round.  Back again to stockinette stitches 5 rounds and follow the same manne

V-neck Top With Tuck

Happy New Year 2016 to you all! Today, I'd love to share my finished first project for  MAGAM  January with theme "Jump Into January". You can see my plans here in my facebook page . As usual the pattern is from BurdaStyle and the fabric is from my stash. I like how the top turned out, it is a girlish V-neck top with tuck which is perfect for casual wear in both day and night :) Materials: 2 yards of knit jersey in marsala and same colour of thread. Pattern: BurdaStyle V-neck Top With Tuck 08/2014  size 36 with following adjustment on the neckline, I raised 5 cm and changed the high low hem to the normal hem. For the neckband strip, I used 59 cm long and 3 cm width. Also, I used 0.75 cm seam allowances in all edges, 1 cm sleeve and hem allowances. Here is my pattern after traced, I really like the look of it :) The sewing process started from sew the sleeves pieces together using my serger and continue the usual process. The only difficult thing to