Thursday, August 31, 2017

Asymmetrical Top with Bell Sleeve

Hello everyone,
I started a new top yesterday and glad I finished it this afternoon. I was planning to make it weeks ago but life has been busy and we got two typhoons in a week ( Hato and Pakhar), glad we are safe and I managed to finished my August Magam dress and this asymmetrical top. I decided to publish the top today and the dress later. But actually you can see the finished dress on my IG post two days ago.

I made this top especially to participate #sleevefest2017 on Instagram hosted by the two lovely ladies Helen of @valentine.and.stitch and Diane of

For the pattern, I used Simplicity Misses 8059 pattern view B with adjustments because I used size S instead of XXS. Also, added bell sleeve to match the challenge #sleevefest2017 and to celebrate #yearofthesleeve.
For the fabric, I decided to refashion my bathing cover that I wore during my mini holiday in Bangkok. The fabric is cotton jersey in pink colour.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Waist Tie Dress

I managed to finish #magamsewalong June dress with theme "Seasonal Stashbuster" by the end of the month, but only today I have time to write a blog post.
I like the pattern since the day I found it about three years ago, but somehow I didn't have a chance to make it. I was lucky to found the Simplicity magazine Autumn 2014 during our visit to Portugal, the magazine is in Spanish but I can follow the pictures and tutorials easily.
I also saw other patterns such as tunic and jacket that I want to make in the future.

About the dress, fabric is printed anchors and dolphins in red colour, 2.5 yards from stash, bought in Bangkok last year.
Pattern based in Simplicity New Look Misses Dress 6224 with Sleeve Variations size 36 model C with neckbands model B. I only used the bodice and modified the dress to one piece. What I did,

  • I omitted the darts.
  • Reduced the shoulder width 3 cm finished with armholes with 1/2" bias tape from the same fabric.
  • I lengthen the bodice at the waist down to the hem 55 cm long and added few centimeters in both sides at the hemline to created a little A-line shape. I did for both front and back.
  • Added inseam pockets, pattern from my other dress.
  • Added two very long waist ties, 130 cm long x 6 cm wide that is enough to tie around my waist three times before I knot it.
  • 1.5 cm seam allowances in all edges and 3 cm hem allowance.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...