Paisley Cutout Mini Dress
So happy I finished my late #magamsewalong "Sew New Season" June dress, it supposed to finish last month but I couldn't because distracted with other urgent garments, holiday and other things. Besides, this dress was little bit complicated to work with, so I prefer to finish it slowly.
This dress has a special detail at the neckline yoke, straight-line cut, front darts, raglan sleeves and inseam pockets.
I had a big crush on this pattern as soon as I saw the magazine, the neckline detail is so pretty and the rest of the dress is so simple and airy. Perfect to wear in hot summer day 😍
For the fabric, I used 2 yards of printed paisley cotton that I bought for muslin but I think it is too pretty for muslin. So, I used it and put the muslin fabric on the list to buy next time.
The pattern, I used BurdaStyle Cutout Mini Dress 04/2017 size 36 and didn't make adjustment on the fit of the pattern except shorten the length 4 cm.
Also, one thing I changed, I used bias tape from the same fabric for the loops instead of follow the original pattern instruction.
Sewing process started with usual manners and glad that this pattern came with sewing course, so I just followed the step by step instructions with pictures. But the only problem were the loops, I tried the original pattern but it doesn't work for me. So, I used 1/2" me-made bias tape from the same fabric and hand sewn both side of the bias tape.
Pictures below shows some of the processes, I don't even count how many hours I spent for this dress but in the end I am really happy with it.
A little note: the blue fabric on the neckline yoke is just a template, and I removed it as soon as I placed the loops. Then, I sew/top stitches the loops along the dress bodice.
Here are the upper dress detail, wrong side - right side - back side and finished the back with sewn two pairs of small snap fasteners.
I decided to sew inseam pockets just before I hem the dress. I used light weight white cotton for front piece and same fabric for the back, I did that to avoid bulky pocket which is not nice.
And here are the final dress on Ellie my dress form. Front, side, back and closer look of the neckline detail. I used 1.5 cm sleeve allowance and 4 cm hem allowance.
Two more pictures on me, back and front views with hands inside pockets 😁 I really love a dress with pockets, I can hide anything inside.
Thank you for reading, happy sewing to all fellow sewists! Wishing you all a lovely weekend 💗