Posts

Showing posts from August, 2021

Self Cover Buttons

Image
I'm currently working on a silk blouse, using Burdastyle pattern and silk crepe de chine fabric. The blouse is in half making and I hope to finish it by tomorrow.  The silk blouse is needing self-cover buttons and glad that I have a pack of 15 mm self-cover buttons in my stash. The problem, the pack is a refill pack, no tool included obviously.  I was thinking to go back to Daiso to buy a new pack but I gave up and tried to make it without a tool. Surprisingly the progress was easier than I thought, I shared my tutorial on  my Instagram  yesterday and I decided to share it here too. Materials: - A pack of 15 mm self-cover buttons, mine had 11 sets. - A round shape of silk fabric, each pack will come with the size of fabric that needs to be cut. Mine was 3.5 cm in diameter. - Needle and thread for hand sewing. - Scissors. The progress shows below in the photos, the slippery silk fabric wasn't easy to work with. I have to hand sewing around the circle first before pla

DIY Swimsuit

Image
I wanted to make a simple swimsuit in black colour since last year and glad I finally did it. I used my self-drafted pattern (copied and modified from my rtw swimsuit) and polyester fabric in black from the local shop.  I made two swimsuits last year, one with wrap style and another with v-neck style. Here is the link  DIY Swimsuits . For this black colour swimsuit, I used my v-neck swimsuit pattern as a base and modified the neckline, back side and shoulder. I made the scoop neckline, lowered the center back 4 cm and made the shoulder thinner. The picture below shows the fabric pieces after I cut them, back side on the fold, front side on the fold, upper front piece on the fold, back tie (cut two pieces), some elastic. And also, I made the lining from the same fabric - front and back pieces same as the main swimsuit. After I cut all the pieces, I worked on the upper front piece by stitching the sides where the pads inserted later and sewed the elastic at the bo

DIY Backpack

Image
Last month, I started working on this little backpack for my entry to #sewjapaneseinjuly challenge on Instagram, but I couldn't finish it on time due to my busy life. So, instead of giving up and I continue sewing it. I'm glad I finished it yesterday and I love it. It's a very cute and useful little backpack, perfect to carry my wallet and small things.  I made my backpack fully lined with silk satin in dark blue. The main fabrics were medium weight cotton blend and printed cotton, both were leftovers from my previous garments. The zipper and plastic buckles were from my stash.  The pattern is based on a Japanese sewing book and I chose pattern number 18 as shown below. I liked the design and it's a great way to use leftover fabrics and scraps. Here is the look of my fabric pieces, I fused the fusible interfacing into the bag's flap and the printed fabric. The instruction from the book came with pictures, so I can look

Square Neck Dress

Image
Happy Friday friends, I finally finished my square neck dress and I like it. This dress was supposed to finish last month for my entry to #sewrecreatethelook challenge on Instagram but was delayed because of other things in life. Anyway, I decided to continue sewing my dress and hope to wear it soon. Also, I still have one more project from last month to finish (a bag pack), I will continue making it and then I will make the August plan. The  #sewrecreatethelook  was a fun challenge on Instagram last month hosted by  @jenlegg_teescreatives  and  @sosewdressmaking . My plan was to make a square neck dress, inspired by a dress that I found on Pinterest. I copied the neck design and sleeves but changed the circle skirt into a little flared knee-length skirt. My fabric choice was a cotton voile in tiny flower prints and lightweight white cotton for the lining. Both fabrics were from the local shop.  The sewing process started with making the pattern, I u