Showing posts from January, 2017

Linen Top With Lace Applique

I planned to make a linen top with lace applique for my entry to "Sew Recreate The Look" challenge hosted by Jen  and Sharlene  on Instagram last month but couldn't make it on time. I finished the top on 7th May and I only managed to take pictures today.  This top is also for my entry to "Magam Sewalong" - April Amigas challenge hosted by Sue , Suzy  and  Helene  on Instagram, I got the lace fabric from my friend Ana Maria two years ago and I think this top matches the theme. The top design was copied from Pinterest,  link here  and the fabric was a linen from my stash. I lined the top with lightweight cotton fabric in off-white color. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. I modified my basic top sloper into the design I want. As shown below. I changed the side ties fabric into cotton shirting because the linen was a little hard to tie together, not so nice. The sewing progress involved a lot of pinning

Plantain T-shirt Deer And Doe

Hello, I finished the two Plantain t-shirts for  Magam  challenge January "Sew New Start". This two t-shirts are my first make in 2017, I decided to sew basic top because I realised that I still need some of this for my wardrobe. Besides basic top I still need basic bottoms (skirts and pants) as well, so my general plan for 2017 is to sew more basic garments. Below pictures are the finished t-shirts, green colour is the real one and grey colour is the wearable muslin. Before I continue, I want to mention here that I decided to make this Plantain t-shirts after I saw Lisa's version some months back. You can see her pretty Plantains over her blog at Lisa's Carolina Handmade . Pattern detail and adjustment:

Oversize Coat

Hi.. Hope everyone have a lovely day and a happy sewing 😊 Today, a new blog update is about my latest oversize coat based on Burdastyle pattern 08/2014. I finished this coat two weeks ago, wore it already and love how it turned out. The coat is so cosy and roomy, kind of menswear style with deep lapels and inseam pockets, finished with two snap buttons and big buttons for decoration.

Classic V-neck Dress

Hello, I made this dress to wear in a friend's wedding party in the end of the year. My plan was to wear the sleeveless dress that I made some years back but I gave up because of the cold weather. So, I decided to make this dress. I am glad that the dress finished on time and it fits me fine even I didn't make a muslin. For the fabric, I used wool blend with a little stretch in very dark blue colour from stash. For the pattern, I used Burdastyle Power dress 08/2016  size 36 with a modification on the neckline and sleeve. After all, my dress is nothing like the original pattern :) I changed the neckline from round neckline with front slit to a v-neckline, also I changed the short sleeve to a long sleeve. The dress has princess seams, knee length, back zipper, V shape at the front and back neckline - finished  with lace elastic band sewn around. The sewing process started with sew the princess seams at the front and back bodices. Below picture is the original style of the b

Blouses, Pink And Yellow.

Happy New Year 2017 everyone. May your new year be blessed with peace, love and joy. I finally managed to take pictures of my November blouses, the first blouse is a wearable muslin in pale pink colour cotton and the real blouse is yellow lightweight jersey knit as shown in the picture below. My first plan was to make the real blouse with knit tulle dot fabric in salmon colour but it was ruined because I accidentally cut the sleeve while trimming the excess fabric at the seam allowance. The same day when my overlocker machine broke. Uh oh, that must be the only day that I had two consecutive bad luck. Anyway, I put the knit tulle fabric plus the leftover inside plastic bag and will be making another garment later. And gladly that the overlocker machine fixed after three days stayed in the shop for repair.