Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Raglan Cap Sleeve Dress - Burdastyle 08/2014


I was searching for the right pattern for my Liberty cotton tana lawn that I bought in London last year and happy I found Burdastyle raglan sleeve chiffon dress 08/2014. I think that my lightweight fabric is close enough to the original fabric suggestion.
The original dress pattern has gathered cap sleeve, scoop neckline, pin-tucked front, hidden pockets and mini length. But in mine, I did the pin-tuck at the back too, omitted the hidden pockets because they look bulky on my final dress and I lengthen the dress to knee length. 
Also, I omitted the body lining as the original pattern because my fabric wasn't transparent.

Sunday, June 3, 2018

May Flower Kimono Dresses And MMMay'18 Round Up

Hello friends, I made two cotton dresses recently based on Japanese sewing book that DH brought to me from Japan. The book name is Simple Adult Clothes (translated from Japanese) and I used pattern number 2, a simple v-neck kimono tunic that I lengthen the pattern into a dress. 
As I am not sure about the sizing, I decided to make the first dress as wearable muslin in white and purple floral print in size M. I found out that the dress was too roomy for my liking, so I have to reduce 6 cm in both sides from under arm down to the hem.
For the v-neckline, I was following the original pattern instruction to use binding from the same fabric but it doesn't work for me. So, I changed to knit ribbing binding in white, sew it around the v-neckline and top stitched with twin needle.
For the seam allowance, I used 1.5 cm in all edges and 3 cm for sleeve and hem allowances.