Thursday, June 28, 2012

The G Bag

I am planning to make at least three tote bags after I've done my palette challenge ss2012. And I am very happy that I finished the first tote bag. I named her "the G bag". She is very cute tote bag with three inner pockets and the size is big enough to put all the stuff. I can carry her arround the shopping mall or to go to the beach/swimming pool.

The size of the bag approximately 16.5" x 10". The pattern is selfdrafted tote bag pattern by me. After I've done the pattern, I copy the pattern to the fabric that I already prepared, cut the fabric, iron the fusible interfacing on the fabric and sew it.

  • home decor fabric (green stripe), cotton (green flower) and light weight cotton (white colour for the inner pockets and interfacing)
  • fusible interfacing
  • bias tape, click here if you want to make your own bias tape
  • metal bag buckle
  • zipper
  • snap fastener
  • big button

Before I say goodbye, I am not promise but I will try my best to write the tutorial how to make the tote bag on the future post.
Happy sewing!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012


       I am very excited to announced the last project for palette challenge ss 2012 . I called the dress ''jamoo''. This is the second batik dress that I made, the fabric is very famous madura batik from east java - Indonesia. I bought two pairs of batik when I visited my hometown many months ago. Before I continue to write the details of the dress, click here if you want to see the first one.

      The dress not just cute but completely adorable sleeveless dress. Cord trimmed contrast yoke, two sweet green buttons, pockets, belt and embellishing the skirts with green bias tape. It's totally darling!

Here is the details of the dress:
  • Materials needed : the fabric is madura batik - 100% cotton, wine colour with small green and red traditional drawing from madura. 1/2 " green bias tape, two green self covered buttons, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper and hook-and-eye
  • The pattern is built by wendy dirndl dress, by adding two sweet buttons, pockets and belt.

       For the skirt, I sew 1/2" bias tape around the skirt about 6" up from the hem line / buttom of the skirt.

      The projects for palette challenge ss2012 are done! And here is the whole outfits that I sew for the challenge.

Happy sewing and see you soon on another sewing project:)

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pink Sorbetto and 3/4 Pants

pink sorbetto

pink sorbetto

pink sorbetto

Actually, I finished this pink sorbetto and 3/4 pants on sunday last week but only now I am having time to publish it. I get distracted with my last project for palette challenge ss2012 and finally I finished the challenge:-)  Hooray!!
The fabric for pink sorbetto top is light pink cotton that I had already inside my stash.
The pattern is sorbetto from colette patterns (I think everyone already knew about this sorbetto). I made my sorbetto little different from the original pattern, here is my pattern modifications:
  • Removed the bust dart.
  • Make 2" (5 cm) wide for the neckline and armholes facing.
  • Topstitched the armholes and neckline using hand sewing.

How I inserted the neck and armholes facing:
Sew the front and back neck facing right sides together. Then stitch it around the neckline. Turn the facing inside and topstitched around about 1/4". After that, I did hand stitch about 1 cm  around the neckline  ( here I used red colour thread).
I did the same for the armholes facing. 

3/4 pants

3/4 pants

I made this pants faster than I thought, maybe because I already made two pairs of shorts from the same pattern, ellen #9305.
Pattern adjustment for 3/4 pants, I shorten the length of the pants about 12". I also made a smaller waistband by reduced 1/2 " wide from the original pattern.
For the pockets, I did the same as my last project ellen #9305 shorts B.
For the zipper and any details of the pants you can follow the instuctions on ellen #9305
Happy sewing and see you soon on my next project:-)


Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Black Lace Dress

  Hello everyone....

         This is the dress that I talked on my last post, a very feminime black lace dress made from very soft black lace for outer dress and fabric stretch (nylon+lycra) for inner dress (lining). The style is very simple yet perfect! Especially for me :)))
For patterns: I used selfdrafted basic bodice and 1/2 circle skirt, I connected the basic bodice and the 1/2 circle skirt together.
I made facing for the neckline and armhole from the same fabric ( lace).
I also made the inner dress (lining)  7 cm lower from the neckline, as shown on the picture. The rest of the dress is very simple, if you are intermediate level will do it very easily.

        Once again, this black lace dress is part of palette challenge ss2012, I am still working on my sorbetto and one more dress to finish the challenge.

Happy sewing everyone!