Posts

Showing posts from January, 2014

Make A Garment A Month - January Plan

Image
Hello and happy Friday to you all... Here is an update of my January sewing plan for MAGAM Challenge , I will be making a cape based on Burdastyle - Double Breasted Cape 08/2012.  source from burdastyle.com Below picture is my fabrics and materials for the cape - 2.5 yards of brushed wool in orange color, 2 yards of polka dots silk satin for lining, 7 buttons and almost same color of thread. All of them are from my stash. Actually, I traced the pattern and pre-treated the fabrics yesterday. So, I will try my best to finish the cape by the end of the month. Happy sewing!

Finished December Garment - Burdastyle Tunic Dress 11/2013

Image
Hello and Welcome to 2014 dear friends!! Today post is about my (very late) finished December garment for MAGAM challenge . Well, after hours of beading finally I have done it and very happy with how the dress turned-out. The details of the dress: Pattern: I used Burdastyle Embellished tunic Dress 11/2013  size 34 with adjustment on the waist and the hips. I omitted the pockets and added 4 cm on the length of the dress. As I didn't have passementerie trim to sew around neck edge and front slit, I sew pearls on it. Materials: 2 yards of medium weight knit ponte in black color, fusible interfacing, black color of thread, hook and eye fastener, a lot of pearls in three different size ( 2.5 mm, 5 mm and 8 mm) and white nylon thread for beading. Sewing process: I traced the pattern and added seam allowance 1.5 cm for all edges and 4 cm for sleeve hem and dress hem. Then I made a muslin. After I tried my muslin, I saw the neckline too high for my taste - so I have to reduce