Showing posts from 2022

Colour Block Swimsuit

I finished another UFO, yay! I started working on this swimsuit in May, I cut the fabrics and stopped. Only in August, I picked up the fabric pieces again and I finished it in a few days. I'm glad I finally made this colour block swimsuit that I had been planning to make for so long, I love the fit and the design because it hides my food belly 😊 Also, this will be a great addition to my handmade wardrobe. For the fabrics, I used lycra in black and green from the local shop. I bought 2 yards each and I still have leftovers enough to make another garment. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted swimsuit based on my rtw swimsuit. I made the first wrap-style swimsuit two years ago and here is  the link  in case you are interested to see it. The picture below is the start of the progress, after I had all the pieces, I sewed the ties (2 side ties and 2 back ties, 40 cm long x 4 cm wide).  Also, I prepared 2 pieces of elastic bands (13 cm long) for under bust line

Batik Shirtdress

I finally finished my UFO from March, I'm so glad. My first plan was to make a blouse but I changed my mind the day I cut the fabric, I saw the border print and I felt terrible if I didn't use it. So, I lengthened the pattern down until my knee. And to make the shirtdress more stylish, I sewed a black slipdress to wear under it. In this case, I skip the buttons and let the dress open. I love the look and I will wear this set more often for sure.  I used Norma blouse Ottobre design pattern S/S 02/2018 size 38, lengthened the hem until my knee, omitted the buttons, shortened the sleeves and made a full arm adjustment.  And for the fabric, I used Indonesian batik in red, a gift from a friend for my birthday last year.  The process of making this dress was lovely and relaxing, I started it in March and then I stopped. Only in July I pick the pieces up again and started sewing them.  As shown below, I managed to capture the progress. The only diff

Floral Silk Dress

I finally finished my floral silk dress that I was starting to make in March. It took me a long time to finish because I was ill and low sewjo after I recovered. I'm glad after four months of waiting, this dress is finished and I'm happy with the result. I hope I will wear it for dinner out when the lockdown ends.  Four months ago, I was planning to make a silk dress for my entry to Sew Recreate The Look, a challenge on Instagram hosted by Jen and Sharlene. My plan was to recreate a summer v-neck dress with piping detail by Alexander McQuenn. I made a flat sketch as shown below, but in the end, I omitted the flounce at the hemline because I think the dress will suit me better without it. My fabric choice was printed silk charmeuse and silk satin for the lining, I also used black drapey fabric for the bias tape piping. I posted my inspiration and plan  here  and  here . I used a self-drafted pattern for the dress and modified my basic dress sl