Showing posts from March, 2012

Linen Top With Lace Applique

I planned to make a linen top with lace applique for my entry to "Sew Recreate The Look" challenge hosted by Jen  and Sharlene  on Instagram last month but couldn't make it on time. I finished the top on 7th May and I only managed to take pictures today.  This top is also for my entry to "Magam Sewalong" - April Amigas challenge hosted by Sue , Suzy  and  Helene  on Instagram, I got the lace fabric from my friend Ana Maria two years ago and I think this top matches the theme. The top design was copied from Pinterest,  link here  and the fabric was a linen from my stash. I lined the top with lightweight cotton fabric in off-white color. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. I modified my basic top sloper into the design I want. As shown below. I changed the side ties fabric into cotton shirting because the linen was a little hard to tie together, not so nice. The sewing progress involved a lot of pinning

Woman Long Sleeve Ruffled blouse

woman long sleeve ruffled blouse Material needed:  1.5 yards (40 % cotton and 60% polyester)  interfacing for the mandarin collar  6 buttons  same colour thread  ruffled : I made from the same fabric and I trim it with my overlock machine This blouse is very simple but the ruffled and mandarin collar made this blouse looks cute and flattering instead of a boring plain blouse:)) the fully front blouse Add caption Add caption the back side of the blouse I was sewing very calm and slowly this time, starting my project with the muslin first and sew my project. One by one my projects finished beautifully, I am really happy about it. I will post more of my projects later. Happy sewing everyone!

VR-Everyday Dress

VR-Everyday Dress This dress is base on palm beach tunic (shift dress pattern) by Built by Wendy DRESSES The Sew U Guide To Making A Girl's Best Frock.  palm beach tunic   built by Wendy book I chose shift dress pattern size XS for my first dress from this book. My project begin from transferring the original pattern on the new sheet of paper. By adding 1/2'' allowance on most seams and 1/4'' around small, curved areas. For hem allowances I added 1 1/2" ( I followed the book instructions). After I had done my pattern, I made muslin from very cheap cotton fabric. But Oh No!!! the muslin is too loose, the neckline too big and the bust dart too low for my body ( I really hate this part!!).   Well, I have to take out the thread from my muslin to make the new one. For the neckline, I extended the center front of the neckline up by 3/4" from the original pattern. For the bust dart, I moved the bust dart up by 1/4" from the origin

Tie Bow Blouse

Finally I had time to post my latest project. The 80's style long sleeve blouse. Made from chiffon that I bought two months ago but I did not have time enough to sew all my fabric. The blouse pattern is from selfdrafted pattern without bust dart. It's very easy because I do not need to worry about making button hole. The size of the tie is 12 cm x 30 cm (2 pieces), I connected the two pieces together and then stitch it directly on the neck line. This is how the front blouse turned up. This is the wrong side of the front blouse. The skirt looks good to match with the blouse, I am really loving it. For more detail about the skirt visit my post on high waist skirt #1