Showing posts from November, 2013

DIY Wrap Swimsuit ( Third Version)

Here is the last garment I made last month, a wrap-style swimsuit made from lycra fabric from my stash. I made two similar swimsuits before and I was happy with the fit. So, I was okay with the process and was sure it would turn out as well as the previous ones.  The process took me two days, just right before our holiday. And I immediately packed it as soon as it finished.  I love this wrap swimsuit, the design hides the fatty tummy and is comfortable to wear for swimming. Also, the wrap style adds something special, so girly and stylish. For the pattern, I used my self-draft (TNT: tried and true pattern) and the sewing process was started by cutting the fabric pieces, sewing the elastic on the front lining and continuing to pin the necessary parts. I prepared the bands for the back ties and the side wrap. Sewing them as a loop and turning them inside out. I pinned and sewed the bands (ties) on the right front piece (wrap) and backside. Stitched the

Make A Garment A Month Challenge - Burdastyle Paneled Shirt

Happy weekend everyone! I am glad that I managed to finish my second project for "make a garment a month challenge". As you all know, this shirt based on Burdastyle Paneled Jersey Shirt 10/2013  view A size 34. I have to draw a new line of pattern because the minimum size from the original pattern is 36, I followed these tutorials . I also reduced the length of the sleeves and shirt bottom. Even so, in the end of my work I still need to sew the upper sleeve seams smaller because it was too big for me. Materials: I used 2 yards of knit cotton in deep purple color, 2 yards of printed knit - I still have left over fabric that is enough to make sleeveless dress, fusible interfacing, 4 small buttons in purple color and thread - as I don't have a similar color of thread, I used black color :) How I worked n this shirt: I'll show you a little of the sewing process, I started my work by fused the fusible interfacing on the wrong side of center front - in the end of b

Make A Garment A Month, November plan..

Hello lovelies... Today post is a very quick update of my November sewing plan for make a garment a month challenge  hosted by Sarah Liz. I have chosen my fabrics and pattern. It will be a long sleeves shirt with two color combination, both of the fabrics are knit cotton - deep purple color and grey printed with purple leaves. For the pattern, I chose Burdastyle pattern - Paneled Jersey Shirt 10/2013 . The instructions said that I should use jersey knit fabric only, but I think my fabric choice will be good to make the shirt too. We will see... Wish me a good luck!  my fabrics for the shirt