Skip to main content

Posts

V neck Floral Print Dress

Hello, I finished my floral dress yesterday and so glad it turned out as planned. This dress is my entry to #magamsewalong "Juggling June" and #sewyourwardrobebasics "Prints" challenges on Instagram.
For the pattern, I used my basic dress sloper and modified the neckline into a v-neck, changed the dart placement and reduced the shoulder length and armhole.
Fabrics were floral cotton voile, remnant 125 cm that I bought during my trip to Portugal last summer and for the lining, I used white cotton I bought locally.
I was happy to juggle all things, from the limited fabric to modifying the pattern. I changed the dart placements two times and made a muslin.



I drafted the facings but in the end I don't need them because I sewed the lining fabric directly onto the fashion fabric.
The sewing progress was fast, involved a lot of clipping and basting. The invisible zipper sewed in the center back.
I fully lined the dress, sewed the darts, sewed the lining and fashion f…

V Neck Batik Dress

Hello, I'm enjoying slow sewing lately and happy that I managed to finish my latest batik dress after weeks working on it. This dress is my entry to #magamsewalong "Multicultural May" challenge in Instagram and I chose batik that is a typical fabric from my home country Indonesia. Luckily that I don't need to fly to Indonesia to buy this fabric, I found it locally from a friend that supplies batik.


I was searching a lot for inspiration in Pinterest and found a very cute yellow polka dots blouse from J.Crew to copy the yoke and sleeves ruffles. And then, I adjusted to the dress that I want to make. My plan and inspiration posted here if you are interested to take a look.

My pattern was self-drafted, I followed the instruction from the book "Basic Pattern Making" by Lucia Mors de Castro and I posted the first dress here.
Based on my concept, I modified the basic dress pattern by making the v-neckline, stand collar, moved the shoulder line to create the yoke …

Summer Dress With Ruffle Hem

Yesterday was the day 27 of Me-Made-May challenge on Instagram and I took the opportunity to wear my new dress. We went for lunch at the local restaurant for the first time in the past three months. What a joy! My son also back to school on Monday and I hope that things will be better in the future. 

Sewing and baking were two things that entertained me a lot. I managed to make my basic pattern blocks and baked delicious breads. Besides, the quality time with husband and son during this time, it brought us even closer 💗

Well, let's talk about the dress 😊
I finished five days ago and glad it turned out as my plan. The dress has a round neckline, short sleeves, four darts at the front, two darts at the back, invisible zipper at CB and ruffle hem. The neckline finished with facings, I used 1.5 cm seam allowances, 2.5 cm sleeve allowance and 1 cm hem allowance.

The pattern was self-drafted based on my basic pattern blocks, I followed the book "Basic Pattern Making" by Lu…

Ottobre Josephine Dress

Hello fellow sewists. I sewed this dress a week ago and I am happy that summer has arrived, so I can wear it right away.  For the pattern, I used Ottobre Design 02/2018 Josephine dress size 38 and for the fabric, I used lightweight cotton in printed green, I bought it last year during our trip to Singapore. Glad I found this fabric, cotton is perfect to wear in hot summer weather and the print is perfect for casual wear. The sewing notion (invisible zipper, threads, and fusible interfacing) were from stash, so I don't need to go out to buy new ones.
I wore this dress yesterday to test, I didn't go anywhere because of the pandemic, just staying at home, doing housework, sewing and helping my son with his homework. I was surprised, this dress was comfortable to wear and I could move freely doing the housework 😄

Unlined Jacket

I finally finished my light jacket after almost a month working on it. This jacket supposed to be my entry to #sewyourwardrobebasics a sewing challenge on Instagram last month but I couldn't make it on time due to lack of sewing time and bad planning.
Anyway, better late than never and I'm glad to have this type of jacket in my wardrobe 😊

Jacket pattern: Budastyle unlined jacket 07/2008 size 38, I made full arm adjustment, skip the belt loops, finished the seam and hem allowances with Hongkong seams method and sewed the buttons and buttonholes.
For the fabric, I used a cotton blend from stash, bought two years ago during our trip to Tokyo and I made the bias tape from my dress that I don't wear anymore.
For the buttons, I reused my husband's suit buttons and glad they were matched.

Matching March Magamsewalong

March theme for #magamsewalong is Matching March and I decided to sew a denim dress matching with a denim bag. And in the end, I decided to sew a zippered pouch to go with the bag.  To follow my yearly theme, I used fabric from stash and leftover cotton scrap from the previous garment. Also, I managed to reuse my husband's shirt that he doesn't use for the pouch lining.  So happy that I don't need to go out to the fabric shop in the middle of this difficult time. Well, we don't have any social activities since the beginning of February and hope this pandemic will pass soon.

Striped Shirt

I was planning to make this shirt since the day I bought the fabric last year and I'm glad that I finally made it. This shirt is my entry to Sew Your Wardrobe Basics, a challenge that I participated in Instagram hosted by Stefanie @seaofteal The February theme was "stripes" and it was a great opportunity to use my stripes fabric and sew the shirt that I planned for so long.
I posted the original plan on my Instagram but I changed my mind and skip the embroidery as I don't have enough time at the moment. Maybe, I'll be doing the embroidery later.