I finally managed to take pictures of my November blouses, the first blouse is a wearable muslin in pale pink colour cotton and the real blouse is yellow lightweight jersey knit as shown in the picture below.
My first plan was to make the real blouse with knit tulle dot fabric in salmon colour but it was ruined because I accidentally cut the sleeve while trimming the excess fabric at the seam allowance. The same day when my overlocker machine broke. Uh oh, that must be the only day that I had two consecutive bad luck.
Anyway, I put the knit tulle fabric plus the leftover inside plastic bag and will be making another garment later. And gladly that the overlocker machine fixed after three days stayed in the shop for repair.
To paid my disappointment, I choose lightweight jersey knit in yellow colour to replace the salmon fabric that went disaster.
Pattern: BurdaStyle Blouse 11/2016#109. I made the first blouse (wearable muslin) exactly like the original pattern with a little bit higher neckline and finished sleeve with sleeve band. And the second blouse with some changed in the neckline, I added a long strip that I can tied or used it as pussy bow.
The sewing process of the wearable muslin - pale pink blouse was quite fast. I raised the center front at the v-neckline 2 cm because the neckline was too deep for my taste. I did all the work same as the pattern instruction, except the finished sleeve hem. I used hem band instead of elastic band as the original pattern suggested.
I gathered the sleeve hem and sew the band right side together, then fold another band to the inner side, pin along and sew carefully around the sleeve hem. Removed the gather, press with iron. As shown below,
The yellow blouse was a little bit different than the original pattern. I added a long strip from the same fabric and attached it to the neckline. My idea was to use the strip as a bow or just tie it together as it is.
Also, I used little pleats instead of gathers at the front side under the rounded yoke.
The back blouse just simply on fold, no zipper inserted here because of the knit fabric.
And for the finished sleeve hems, I inserted the elastic as the original pattern suggested.
Finally, here are last two pictures of me wearing the blouse. Pictures taken last weekend in the shopping mall at Cotai Central. I supposed to publish this post last week but my blogging mood was really slow at the moment.
I will be posting this blouses in the facebook group MAGAM (make a garment a month). You are all welcome to join us in the monthly challenge.