DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Kimono Cover-up

I was planning to make five garments in June and glad I managed to make them all. Four of the garments were finished last month and the last garment (kimono cover-up) was finished yesterday. The kimono was easy, fun and fast to sew. I love it and thinking to make another in a plain color, I have a rayon fabric in green in my stash and I might use it.
My plan was to sew this kimono to match with my orange swimsuit as a cover-up and also, to wear it with my elastic waist denim pants and RTW tank top as shown in the picture above.

For the fabric, I used printed cotton voile. I had 75 cm leftover from my previous dress and I went back to the shop and bought another 1.5 yards. 
For the pattern, I followed a Youtube tutorial from Jess Dang's channel here is the link, her video is lovely and easy to follow. Besides the kimono, she shared many DIY tutorials. Feel free to check her channel 😍

The sewing process was fun, I don't need to draft the pattern on the paper but measured it directly on the fabric and cut it. The only adjustment I made was reducing the neckline to 2 cm because I fear it will be too big for me. 
My process started with sewing the shoulders together, pinned and sewed the sleeves to the bodices and pinned along the sleeve and the side.  
After I sewed the sleeves and the sides, I attached the band along the neckline and front in one way and then stitched it. After that, I sewed the belt loops and the belt from the same fabric.
Sewed the sleeves and hemline. I'm done 😊




I hope you can spot the belt loop and belt. The belt loop is always good to keep the belt in place.

I'm happy with the final result of this kimono, easy to sew and easy to wear. I especially love the neckline and front band, it laid nicely and lovely.

Before I say goodbye for today, I want to show you the slip dress that I made last month. It was another easy and fast project to sew and I will write more details about it later, maybe at the end of this month because I'm going to make another one. Summer is so hot and humid in my place, this slip dress is perfect to wear.

For this slip dress, I used a cotton-linen blend leftover from my previous garment and for the pattern, I used my self-drafted. 
The picture below is my process and as I don't have rings and sliders, I reused my old bra rings and sliders.

And here is the collage of my June makes, I started the floral dress on 10th June so I managed to complete the five garments in one month. Cheers! 😍

Happy sewing and stay safe 💗

Comments

  1. Hmmnnn... I am beginning to think that if YOU sew it, then I should sew it, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make it in less than three hours, Lyrique. I'm going to make one more in a plain color.

      Delete

Post a Comment