DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Polka Dot Top With Ruffle Peplum

I made a polka dot dress with an a-line skirt last month but it didn't turn out as my plan, so I decided to refashion it into a top with a ruffle peplum. Firstly, I removed the zipper and the skirt. I used the bodices, cut the skirt fabric for the ruffle peplum and kept the rest of the fabric for future make. 
For the pattern, I used my self-drafted tank dress with the addition of darts. I made two tank dresses before, the first and the second versions in case you wanted to see them. 

The fabric I used: cotton viscose polka dot from the local shop.
The collage below was the process of sewing the front bodice. I did the same for the back bodice except inserted the rings to connect the ties later.

After I cut the pieces for the ruffle peplum, I gathered it using big stitches with my sewing machine, pulled the thread and attached the fabric to the bodice right sides together.
And then, sewed the raw edges using an overlocker machine, sewed the sides and the hemline. And then, I added decorative buttons in red gingham to look cuter and also, this month's theme for  #sewyourwardrobebasics challenge is "Buttons" so I decided to use the buttons and I'm done with the challenge. 
This top was fast and easy to sew, I didn't use the zipper because I made it roomy and easy to pull in and out.




Here is a closer look at the rings and sliders, they made the top easy to adjust.

And here is the look of the wrong side of the top, you can see the facing. I blind stitched after I attached to the bodices.

I like my new top and wearing it with me-made beige skirt and a white tee. I think this top will match nicely with my other makes too.

I think that is enough for today, thank you for hosting the challenge Stef @Sea Of Teal I might make another garment with buttons before the end of the month.
Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. I really like the peplum top Hana! It looks so cute on you! The decorative buttons add a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment