Don't get surprised with the amount of tops I made lately. I made five! Yes, I need them all to wear during summer :) I was lucky to have all the fabrics inside stash, most of them are the leftover from previous garments.
Before I show you the pattern and detail, let's take a look of the finished tops. I love them all, they are really comfy and easy to wear with anything.
The fabric are all one meter of knits, knit cotton (red, black, yellow and emerald blue) and denim jersey knit.
I used BurdaStyle Triangle Cutout Dress pattern to make this top. I cut the length right in my hips, skip the triangle cutout and lower the neckline 3 cm. Except the one with denim jersey knit, the neckline is just like the original pattern. Also, I used 1 cm seam allowances in all edges and 1.5 cm hem allowance.
The sewing process was very fast, I did each top in two hours including cutting the fabric.
As usual, I started by sew both shoulders right sides together followed by sew both top sides right sides together.
After that I sew the sleeve hem by folded the seam allowances to the wrong side and carefully sew around.
Then I sew the neckline by folded the seam allowance to the wrong side and stitched around with twin needle. And the last part was sew the hem allowance with twin needle. Done!
Well, all my tops are basically the same but I decided to add a little touch to make them slightly different. For my first version - the yellow top, I added high-low hem instead of usual hem. I just cut the back piece longer than the front. The result is cute and I like it, hope you can see the high-low hem in the picture below.
I wore this top for mmmay'16 day 5 with my flounce skirt.
The denim jersey top was my second version, I made the neckline exactly as the original pattern finished with normal hem. I wore the top for mmmay'16 day 16 with my orange shorts.
Now let's talk about my third version, emerald blue. I made it with girly touch, cut 10 cm and knotted at the side. The idea came up suddenly because I planned to wear it with my tea-length skirt (not yet blogged). The result is nice and I like it :)
I wore the top for mmmay'16 day18
The red top was my fourth version, I decided to sew a small pocket. Hope you can see it :)
I am wearing this top today with my refashioned polka dots skirt. We are having bad weather, raining and typhoon signal 1. The picture taken in the middle of the rain after lunch :( Hope the typhoon will go away...
The skirt was made out from my old dress, I just cut 8 cm on the top of the waistline and carefully picking up the invisible zipper to use again. Then fused fusible interfacing, folded the skirt at the top that supposed to be the waistband. Stitch around the band and I am done! Here are the two pictures of the skirt, front and back views.
Finally we reached the fifth version of the top, nothing special about it. A plain black top that I am planning to wear with my culottes. I will be posting the culottes in the future post :)
P.S. I am joining MMMay'16 through Flickr.com, I will be posting my final roundup in the end of this month but you are welcome to see my album Velvet Ribbon, MMMay'16
Happy Sewing everyone!