A new dress! Yes, I am glad that I finally finished it:) This is my second project based on Elizabeth Gathered Waist Dress from Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern Book. You can see my first project here.
For this polka dot dress, I only used the dress bodice pattern and instead of using straight-gathered skirt from the original pattern, I used pleated skirt pattern from my stash. Also, I changed the side zipper to the middle back.
I used 2 yards of polka dot fabric, light weight fusible interfacing, invisible zipper and same color of thread. All of them are from my stash.
How I worked on this dress:
- For the dress bodice: I had the copied pattern with adjustment from my first dress, but this one I kept the style original.
- For skirt: I am not so sure where I got the pattern, I found it inside my stash without descriptions:( The skirt style is very simple pleated skirt that for sure will suit well my body type and I can run with my little boy.
- As I mentioned above, I change the side zipper to the middle back.
- I iron the light weight fusible interfacing onto the neckline and armhole facings before attach it to the bodice. Sew it and secure it with hand stitching around it.
- I finished the dress hem with 4 cm blind hem stitching.
|inner dress front|
|inner dress back|
This is my July style the stash sew a long, this project was delayed because of my work on a men's shirt for my husband. The shirt is almost done, only missing to sew the sleeve hem. I will post it on the blog as soon as I finish it.