Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

MAGAM January Plan

Hello..
Starting from January 2015, Make A Garment A Month Challenge (MAGAM) is moving to a Facebook group. All of you are welcome to join us, just simply click on this link for more detail :)

And for this month, I will be making a plaid jacket based on Burdastyle pattern - wool blazer 10/2013#106 size 36 with following modifications,
  • I am going to lengthen the jacket until the top of my knee
  • Omit the front dart and change the back jacket from two pieces of patterns to one piece.
  • Change the original pockets to inseam pockets
  • And as the MAGAM January Theme is to try a new technique, instead of finishing the jacket with snap fastener I will use bound buttonholes

For the fabrics, I will be using 2.5 yards of  plaid wool blend and 2.5 yards of silk satin in deep blue color for the jacket lining.
Here is the closer look of my two fabrics,


Now, I am working on my grey wool jacket to test the pattern. You can see the quick update on My Facebook Page

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. Hana, this will be beautiful.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like a lovely plan Hana! I think you made a great decision to change the pockets...the original ones may have been too overwhelming for your slight frame. Can't wait to see the finished coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margo! This will be my first work on inseam pockets. Hope it will turn out well :)

      Delete
  3. I love your plan, and agree that the bound buttonholes will add to this design. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be so lovely - and I agree with Margo about the inseam pockets. Also, you will have a nice long line through the coat. Good luck with the buttonholes -do some practice ones first on some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah Liz. I will do some practice, for sure :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sure this is going to look lovely. I like your fabric choice the yellow will brighten up any day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Hana I sure do love that fabric! This is going to look so amazing; can't wait to see it :)x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment