Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

DIY Friday : Infinity Scarves

Hello...
This week on "DIY Friday" I made three infinity scarves. The weather is getting colder and I need some more scarves to keep me warm :)

Pattern:
I followed step by step tutorial from Simplicity, Sew Your Own Infinity Scarf . It was a very clear tutorial and fast to make.

Fabrics:
I chose three knit fabrics from stash ( yellow & grey stripes knit jersey, deep blue and white light weight knit jersey) and I bought one more light weight knit cotton in emerald blue.
But in the end I made three and I left behind the white one. I will work on it another time.. :)
Sewing process:
As I mentioned before, it was easy and fast project to make. I have done my three scarves in less than two hours :)
The tutorial were clear and easy to follow. My scarves are based on the short version, here is the link.

I made my first scarf with emerald blue fabric, the size is exactly same as the instruction said. I cut my fabric 60" width and 25" wide, the finished scarf measures 59" around and 12" deep.

And then I made my two other scarves in different sizes (same in wide but different in width). I decided to make it different in sizes because my fabrics length are different.

I cut my yellow and grey stripes fabric 50" width and 25" wide, the finished scarf measures 49" around and 12" deep.

And for deep blue fabric, I cut 70" width and 25" wide. The finished scarf measures 69" around and 12" deep.

The picture below is my sewing in progress, I suggest you to click the link for clear tutorial Simplicity - Sew Your Own Infinity Scarf. And I am sure you will love to make for yourself :)

And here is the final scarves that I made. You can see very clear that their size are different. I love them all and for sure I will wear them a lot in colder weather :)

More pictures of the scarves in my dress form,




And one more picture of me wearing the emerald blue scarf with my first coat that I made last year, in case you are curious about the coat, you can check the link for more detail My First Coat

Happy sewing and have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Great scarves Hana! They are a all beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours I am sure you will get lots of wear from these. There's something very satisfying about quick makes and these would make great gifts. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Tracy. And thank you for lovely comment :)

      Delete
  4. Hana these are great! Thanks for the post; I must just have to try one of these for myself! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. I look forward to see your version :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful scarves.. Love them all.. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I love them too very much :)

      Delete
  6. Great scarves, Hana. Sometimes all you need is something to fill in the V neck of a jacket or coat. These are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Infinity's are great fun to make - a short version works nicely as well. You are going to look lovely in the bright colours and the stripes will be nice and casual and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah Liz. I like a short version more than the long one. I will make much shorter - maybe 40" x 25". I will see....
      Also, I still remember your twist scarf, it looks so cute and I am thinking to make for myself too :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely scarves, dear Hana. This is a great tutorial, your winter will be more fun and colorful with these scarves. Perhaps you could link up your post with our Share in Style, (on my blog) the today's topic is "Scarf" you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Rosy. I shared it already :)
      So much fun to see all pretty scarves over Share In Style and I'd love to join the next challenge..

      Delete
  9. Such great colors! Now I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's time to vote on Share in Style, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment