DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Late Post, Me Made May 2022 Day 25 - 31

Hello, as promised here is my late update of Me-Made-May challenge for day 25-31. I was busy and didn't have time to update this blog but good thing I'm still sewing and knitting a little a day. The situation in Macau is terrible at the moment because of covid-19, many local cases and we are on lockdown. Hope this pandemic will end soon and we will go back to our normal life. Besides sewing and knitting, I'm baking more during this difficult time, I made a sourdough starter and enjoy baking with it. 

Well, here are my outfits for MMMay'22 challenge day 25 -31, I realized that I wore my two sneakers almost all the time because they are comfy and perfect for a busy mom like me.

Day 25.
I wore my green cotton Josephine dress, Ottobre design pattern 02/2018. I made this dress two years ago, more detail link here.

Day 26.
I wore me-made outfit, a yellow cotton top Simplicity 8454 pattern and denim pants that I made recently. The pants are getting loose and I'm planning to add an elastic waistband on the backside.

Day 27.
I wore my old dress, I was supposed to make the new one to replace this but I didn't. I made this dress in 2017, I used cotton fabric and Simplicity new look 6224. More about this dress link here.

Day 28.
I wore a cotton dress, repeated from day one. This dress is self-drafted and I fixed it because it was too loose. I reduced the sides by 1.3 cm and it's better now.

Day 29.
I wore my self-drafted cotton dress with a ruffle hem that I made two years ago. Summer in my place is always hot and humid and cotton fabric is perfect to wear. More about the dress link here.

Day 30.
I wore my favorite make from last year, a midi patchwork dress - refashioned from me-made dresses that I don't wear anymore. More details about this dress link here.

The Last Day.
I wore my self-drafted gingham dress, repeated from day 22. I love this dress and fabric so much that I'm thinking of making another one when I have time.

That's all my recap, Me-Made-May 2022 was a great and fun challenge. I found many inspirations for my future makes and realized that I need to replace some of my makes as they are getting too much used. I wrote a note of what I should make to improve my daily wardrobe and also, to clean up and get rid of things that I don't wear anymore. I will try to refashion some of them.

My special thank you to Zoe @sozoblog for hosting this challenge every year and my DH and DS for taking daily pictures. 

Until next... 

Comments