DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

2018 Make Nine Round Up

Happy New Year 2019 to all fellow sewists and followers.

I've been away for a while, busy with a lot of good things but still sewing and knitting. Hope all of you had a lovely time as much as I did.
And today, I decided to share my 2018 Make Nine round up. I didn't complete the nine garments that I was planning but glad I finished six garments and one in progress.


1). Hand-knitted Cardigan.
Pattern: free pattern from Estuary Berroco  and I used wool yarns in deep blue colours from stash, the original pattern has colour-block, buttons and buttonholes but I decided to skip them. You can find more details of this v-neck cardigan in my previous post

2). Burdastyle Bomber Jacket.
For this jacket I used knit fabric in Dahlia print and lightweight brown knit as lining and the pattern was Burdastyle Double Button Bomber Jacket What I really liked about this jacket was the welt pocket, you can find more about this on my previous post ~ here ~

3). Green Scarf.
Pattern: One Skein Wonder by Amanda Woeger - found this free pattern on ravelry. For the yarn, I used three skeins (150 gr) of very soft wool + acrylic yarn.
I didn't write a blog post about this scarf but I posted my progress in My Instagram and here are the collage of the progress. Funny to see that my final scarf was looking different from the original scarf but I loved it and wore it some times in cooler weather.

4). Floral Marua Tunic Dress.
My plan was to make a simple shift dress from My Image pattern S1034 but it didn't turn out well, so I changed to tunic dress S1033. Fabric was medium weight knit in purple floral with black background.
I didn't write a blog post about this dress but you can find my other dress based on the same pattern ~ here ~

5). Colour-block Sweater
I was having fun knitting this sweater because the yarn was so soft and pleasant. Pattern I used: All Free Knitting Favorite Fashion Sweater and used wool+acrylic yarns in two colours (baby blue and off-white.
I used smaller sizes of needles and adjusted the gauge. I didn't write a blog post as well but published my process on my Instagram and here are the collage:

6). Hand-knitted Socks.
The original pattern of these socks are sneaker socks, free pattern from Haalu The Ugly Bunny Haalu Sneaker Socks I decided to lengthen the leg and used smaller heel. Yarn I used: Opal socks yarn that I bought during my trip to Japan in summer. Really love this yarn, soft and colourful.
Here are my knitting progress, it was fun and finished faster than I expected.

That's it for today and I will publish my 2019 Make Nine plans over my Instagram in the next few days.

Happy Sewing!

Comments

  1. I love seeing the #makenine recaps. You did really well with your grid Hana! My favourite is the colour-blocked sweater. I LOVE it...it looks so lovely on you!

    Did you decide not to do the two, or was it a time factor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I didn't finish the two garments because I was having too many plans and not enough time. Well, I will plan better this year 😘

      Delete
  2. What a lovely Make Nine! I think you did well even with the two things you didn't get to! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa, I will put the jacket in my 2019 list :)

      Delete
  3. you made so many lovely things. I really like that scarf.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment