Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Draped Jersey Shirt

Hi fellow sewists, here is my first garment of 2019! A jersey shirt based on Burdastyle Draped Jersey Shirt 09/2018. This shirt is my entry to January's #magamsewalong with theme "Joy" and also I've chosen my theme of the year "stashbusting".
So, this month I chose a bright pink jersey fabric from stash and pink is a happy colour to me 😊

I was a little bit worry after reading some reviews from sewing friends in Instagram, they had trouble with this pattern especially with the instruction how to attach the wrap. And I felt the same, I got confused with cutting the front piece - lower edge on the self facing right side. I cut mine as the instruction said but then I had no idea how to continue 😬 After all, I cover the fabric that I cut with fusible interfacing and stitch it with zig-zag and continue attaching the wrap with my self-taught.
Also, I made full arm adjustment and shorten the bodices 7 cm and sleeves 5 cm.
Here are more progress after I attached the bodice and collar. On the left side below is the wrong side of the shirt, you can see the folded fabric from the wrap. I didn't like the messy look of the wrong side but glad I managed to solved the wrap issue.
The final shirt looks lovely on Ellie my dress-form.

After I saw this picture, I realised that I have to make some adjustments on the back area when I make this blouse again. There are excess fabric on the waist up to the armhole.
I'm liking the side view from this shirt and the wrap closed properly and tight.
That's it for today, happy sewing!

Comments

  1. Very cute - you look great in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the struggles - and I sometimes think it is better to just not look at instructions and just look at the pattern pieces - this has turned out beautifully. As for the slightly larger back, it really is not that noticeable especially nowadays with bigger and wider shoulders in. Yes, next time alter, but this looks great and the colour and style really sing on you.

    I also love the way everyone has joined in with the new format Make a Garment a Month. Thank you for being one of our founding sewers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and for lovely and supportive words, Sarah Liz. Hope to wear this shirt in lunar new year :)

      Delete
  3. This turned out so pretty Hana! Love the vibrant color on you and the wrap drapes beautifully. Completely agree with everything you've written about the construction instructions..... but the end result is truly a very pretty top. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, love your version too. Have a lovely weekend 💕

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful top. I loved it on Instagram and even more now seeing more photos. The colour is divine on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for kind words, Diane. Happy sewing 💕

      Delete
  5. I agree that this is perfect for JOY! You look lovely Hana! I think I may have tried this top last year (?) as well, but had issues with instructions too. You did very well to remedy it and make is wearable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment