Here is my quick update of "DIY Friday". I made a petticoat yesterday and I am happy with how it turned out.
I was planning to make for so long, I bought the fabric many months ago but always distracted with other things. And only after I finished my mint dress for March MAGAM challenge, I realized that I need a petticoat to wear with it.
Pattern and Materials:
The pattern is based on BurdaStyle Sewing Vintage Modern - Elizabeth Gathered-Waist Dress size 34.
And for the materials :
I used 2.5 yards of petticoat fabric in white color
1.5 cm self-made bias tape (I was planning to use store bought bias tape in grey color but it was too small). In total, I used 124 cm long of bias tape - 76 cm for the waistline trim and the rest for knot in the end.
And white thread
The sewing process was easy and fast, I transfered the skirt pattern on the fabric and cut it - my skirt is 35 cm long. And cut four pieces of ruffle - 20.5 cm long.
After I have all the pieces of fabrics, I pin and sew according to the instruction. In this case, I was pinning more than sewing :)
The picture below is front side ruffle. I was shocked with the amount of pins that I used.
The way I worked on my petticoat is exactly like the original instruction from BurdaStyle - the skirt and ruffle were pleated and finished with bias tape knot in the left side of my waist.
As shown in the pictures below,
Well, after I made first version of the petticoat, I want to make another one in different color - maybe black. But I want to make longer with one more tier. I also want to try to gather the ruffles instead of pleat. I will see...
That's it for my today post. I will be writing the next post about my mint dress that I already done for one week or more..
P.S. I linking this petticoat to Caroline at sewcanshe for Show Off Saturday