Finally I finished my mint dress for Make A Garment A Month - March. This dress has princess seams, round neckline, short sleeves and fully gathered skirt with finished zipper at the back.
Pattern and alteration:
I used two BurdaStyle patterns for this dress, pattern from 01/2013 for the bodice and sleeves and pattern from 09/2014 for the skirt.
As the minimum size of the two patterns are 36, I have to grade down to 34. I also made some changes on the neckline, omitted the collar and change the 3/4 sleeves to a short sleeves
2 yards of printed crepe in mint color, jersey net in white color for bodice lining, invisible zipper, small vintage button and thread.
After I grade down the patterns to size 34, I made the bodice with sleeve muslin. I tried the muslin and found out that the sleeve was too tight.
I added 4 cm to allow my upper arm to move freely. In this case, I draw a new sleeve pattern and spread in four. Then added 1 cm in each line.
As I want the round neckline, I reduced the neckline at the shoulder 2 cm for both front and back and then measured 4.5 cm in the center front of the neckline and 4 cm in the center back. After that, I created a new line for round neckline.
I cut the 3/4 sleeve to a short sleeve 16 cm long with finished sleeve hem 1.5 cm.
For the skirt, I reduced the length 10 cm with finished hem 1.5 cm.
I also added belt loops in each side of the dress, self-made from white thread.
After all the long process, here are more pictures of the dress detail - princess seams with darts, closer look of the round neckline and back view of the dress with invisible zipper finished with a vintage button and a loop closer.
A little note : the back view wasn't match perfectly at the middle - between the skirt and the bodice but I don't feel like to remove and sew it again. I will cover it with the belt :)
One more picture of the dress with petticoat. You can see the detail in my last post - DIY Friday - Petticoat
And here is the picture of me wearing it