Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

MAGAM April Dress In Progress - Part 1

Hello..
I am making a dress for April - Make A Garment A Month (magam) with the theme "Blooming Flowers".

After thinking and looking for the right fabric and pattern to work with, I chose this beautiful watercolour floral chiffon that I won from Ariation's giveaway. As the chiffon is transparent, I will lining the dress bodice with jersey net fabric in white color and I will make half slip to cover my lower body.


For the pattern, I am using BurdaStyle Smocked Maxi Dress 04/2013 size 34. I have to grade down the pattern because the minimum size from the original pattern is 36.
I decided to change the loops and buttons to three little bows or just one bow at the center front. I will see...
Also, I will reduce the dress length from maxi to tea length.

image source
Sewing Process:
I cut all the fabric pieces, fashion fabric and lining. Also cut the belt and bias tape for the neckline and armholes.
I placed the lining fabric right side facing the wrong side of the fashion fabric. I pinned in all edges and stitched 1 cm seam allowance. I did that in both front and back bodices.


After I stitched front and back bodices, I folded the shoulders and pins them 1 cm wide. And then stitched down 4 cm long

I worked on the wrong side of the bodice, open/spread the folded area and pinned. As shown below,

Then I attached and pinned the front and back bodices right sides together at the shoulder. Then stitched them with 1.5 cm seam allowance.

After that, I worked with the neckline and armholes binding. Firstly, I cut 5 cm wide fabric x 3 yards long. I think I was exaggerated but anyway... it's better to have leftover than not enough and I need to cut more fabric.
I pinned the bias tape fabric right side facing the lining. Stitched with 1 cm seam allowance. Then trimmed the fabric 1/2 cm. As shown below,


After the method above done, I worked on the right side of the dress at the armholes and neckline. I folded the bias tape fabric 1 cm, pinned and stitched all around.

Then I pinned the center front and stitched with 1.5 cm seam allowance. Sew the raw edges of fabric with an ovelocker sewing machine.
After that, I pleated and pinned the skirt onto the bodice right sides together. Then stitched it.

 
Until next...

Comments

  1. This is some beautiful fabric. I can't wait to see you wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stil saturday 25/04 here. Greetings from Belgium, visit my weblog on: https://koivis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fabric! It's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! It is very pretty fabric and it would suit you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric Hana. So looking forward to seeing you wearing this dress. It's so going to suit you :)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hana, that is going to be beautiful.. Cant wait to see it.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious colours. That will be a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking lovely already - such a pretty fabric and pattern you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you are sharing your construction techniques with this gorgeous dress. Can't wait to see it finished! It will be a most beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) I can't wait to see the finished product on you. You doing a great job given that chiffons are a bit difficult to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working with chiffon is so scary. Thanks Ariana :)

      Delete
  11. This was helpful and that fabric is to die for! So gorgeous -- I cannot wait to see you in it Hana!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment