DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Me-Made-May'13 Day 13-19

"I am joining Zoe of 'So,Zo.. in a challenge to wear self-stitched garments or anything handmade during the whole month of May"

And here is an update of my MMM'13 challenge,
Day 13
On Monday 13th, I wore my self-drafted Black Lace Top. As usual, sewing the whole morning and went out for lunch with my family.

Day 14
On Tuesday 14th, I wore my Red Dress. We went out for dinner after long busy day.
 
Day 15
On Wednesday 15th, I wore my Floral Dress. Based on Elizabeth Gathered-Waist Dress from Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern Book. We went out for lunch, it was a very hot and humid day here in my place.
 
Day 16
On Thursday 16th, I wore my 3/4 Pants in brown color. Based on Burdastyle Ellen Pants. It was another busy day, sewing the whole morning, baking muffins and taking care my baby.
 
Day 17
On Friday 17th, I wore my Summer Skirt and a handmade necklace that I bought in Portugal last year. 
It was holiday here in place so we have a long weekend. Me, my husband and little Eduardo went out to the garden in our area and continue our trip to supermarket.
 
Day 18
On Saturday 18th, I wore my new blouse. Based on Burdastyle Pleated Blouse. Me and my little family went out to the fruit market and continue our trip to the buttons shop.
 
Day 19
On Sunday 19th, I enjoyed the whole Sunday afternoon outside the house with my husband and little Eduardo. We went to the shopping center looking for some stuff and some toys for Eduardo.
Then at night we went out again for dinner. I wore my self-drafted Black Lace Dress and a handmade earing that I bought here in my place.
 
Happy Monday to you all!



Comments

  1. You have been busy with all your me made outfits - its a lot of work to organise all the photos. You look lovely in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! Thanks:)
      MMM'13 is awesome and I have been enjoying it. The most difficult part is the photo shooting but anyway I am fine and pretty happy with it.


      Delete

Post a Comment