|dress flat sketch|
I am working on this dress since Tuesday morning and I am glad that I manage to finished my muslin and fitting issue on that day.
This color block dress based on Jamie Shift Dress size 34 from Burdastyle Sewing Vintage Modern.
I made pattern modifications on the front dress and added the dart on the back dress ( see my dress flat sketch above).
I altered the front and back dress at the shoulder 1/2" and lower the middle back dress at the neckline `1 1/4". Also altered the length of the dress 2 1/2".
|my muslin from Jamie shift dress pattern|
- I bought 2 yards of each fabric (black, grey and printed fabric), I'll make another project from the leftover fabric.
- 2 yards of silk satin for the lining
- Invisible zipper in black color, fusible interfacing, black and grey color thread.
|my fabrics for the color block dress|
I cut all the fabric yesterday and sew it according to the sewing instructions from the book. I am happy that I didn't find any problem during the sewing process.
Here are the pictures of my work,
|front dress piece|
|back dress piece|
And today, I am working on the dress lining, I sew the front and back lining right sides together. Then sew the lining at the neckline right sides together, turn the lining inside the dress.
After that, I sew the lining to the invisible zipper using both machine and hand sewing.
So, tomorrow I'll continue to work on the armhole and hem line.