2 yards of Japanese cotton voile, white cotton for lining, lightweight fusible interfacing, invisible zipper and same color thread.
Front bodice: I altered the front neckline a little bit deeper, I also reduced the armhole a little bit smaller than the original pattern.
Back bodice: I changed the back neckline to a square style, I also reduced the armhole a little bit smaller than the original pattern.
Here are the drawing of pattern modifications for the bodice front and back with measurement,
And here is the full drawing of the dress,
How I worked:
After I had done the pattern, I transfer the pattern to the fabric and starting to sew from the front and back bodice (I followed the book instructions). And then working with the skirt. After I had done the skirt, I just connected the bodice to the skirt.
I put my dress on the dress form, and pin the lining on the neckline and armhole, sew it and finished the lining with hand sew.
I sew invisible zipper on the left side of the dress and after I had done the zipper, I left the dress hang on the dress form for one night. And the next day, I sew the hem using hand stitch
And here are more pictures of the dress,
|from the side of the dress|
And here are the details of the dress on my dress form,
|right side and wrong side of the front dress,|
|right side and wrong side of the back dress|
|wrong side of the dress from the side|
I am very happy that I manage to finished this dress, so I can start to work on my dress for Mad Men Dress Challenge 2. For anyone who want to join the challenge, just click the link for more details.