Today post is about hair accessories! I made these hair ties from the leftover fabrics that already sitting inside my stash for so long, I think some of them already there for almost 3 years. I took them out, washed and iron it.
This is very easy, fast and fun small project to make and I'd love to share the step by step tutorials with all of you. I hope you like it:)
- Prepare the fabric, light weight cotton or silk. Cut rectangular shape, 30" x 6" (1/2" seam allowances included). Serge all the edges of the fabric using an overlock sewing machine. And cut elastic 7".
- With right side together, fold the fabric and pin it. Then stitch the fabric 1/2" seam allowance with the sewing machine.
- Turn it inside out.
- Insert the safety pin into the elastic and pin it on the edge of the fabric as shown in the pictures.
- Insert another safety pin in the end of the elastic, and insert the elastic by pulling the safety pin inside the fabric.
- Knot the elastic together.
- Hand stitch the end of the fabric together with 1/2" seam allowance. Done!
I made 6 hair ties, I will use the blue polka dot and the red color. The black one is for my mom and the rest are for my niece and cousins.
Here is the picture of me wearing the blue polka dot hair tie,
Also, I included this small project into style the stash sew a long. The next one will be another small project for kids, I'll make a skirt, shorts and dress for my niece. I already washed some of the fabrics from my stash but still looking for the right pattern. Here are my fabrics,
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!