DIY Puff Sleeve Dress

Image
Hello, today's update is about my puff-sleeved dress, which I specially made to wear at my husband's birthday dinner last month. The design is a simple round neck dress, knee length and puff sleeves. For the fabric, I used a silk-cotton blend and the fabric was a souvenir from our trip during Easter in Bangkok. I love the prints, so pretty. I used my self-drafted pattern and I was planning to fully line the dress but I gave up because I thought the fabric wasn't transparent and I didn't need to worry about the lining. The sewing process was enjoyable, I sewed the invisible zipper at the center back after sewing the darts. And then, sewed both front and back pieces at the shoulder line. After that, I fused the fusible interfacing to the facings, sewed them together, and then attached them to the neckline. I gathered the sleeves and then, attached them to the armholes. After that, I sewed both sides of the dress, sewed the f

Me Made May 2024 Recap, Day 15-31

I'm a little bit late to share Me-Made-May recap but better late than never, right 😊
May was a great month, I enjoyed everyone's posts on Instagram and met new sewists. 
I found inspiration and made a few notes about what I needed to sew or refashion in the coming months. My wardrobe needs some skirts and pants. Also, I need to replace some old dresses that are too tight and uncomfortable to wear.

My special thank you to Zoe @sozoblog for hosting the challenge and I look forward to participating again next year. Many thanks to all my followers on IG for the likes and comments during May, and also to DH and DS for taking the daily pictures 💗💗

Okay, let's get started with the recap for day 15-23.
Day 15: I wore a sleeveless green batik dress, I made this dress in March using a self-drafted pattern. 
Day 16: I wore an old cotton v-neck dress with a ruffle hem, I made this dress a few years back using a self-drafted pattern.
Day 17: I wore a self-drafted floral V-neck cotton top with Ottobre Design denim pants. And husband wore a striped shirt, Burdastyle Vintage Modern pattern.
Day 18: I wore a patchwork V-neck dress, this dress was refashioned from my old dresses and I used a self-drafted pattern.
Day 19: I wore a square neck linen dress that I made last year using a self-drafted pattern.
Day 20: I wore a round-neck rayon dress in bold print. I made this dress some years back using a self-drafted pattern.
Day 21: I wore a sleeveless polka dots dress with ruffle yoke and waist tie. I made this dress last year using a self-drafted pattern.
Day 22: I wore a square-neck pink top that I made last year with a grey denim skirt. Both were using self-drafted patterns.
The top was too short for my liking and I altered it by adding a ruffle hem. Good thing that I still have left-over fabric to make the ruffle. 
The process was fast, I cut the top at the waistline, gathered the ruffle and sewed it to the waistline. Hem the ruffle and done.

Day 23: I wore an altered rtw t-shirt with leggings, the pattern from Sew Yourself Active Wear book by Melissa Fehr. 
The t-shirt has a round neckline and I revamped it into a v-neckline. I used a black knit fabric left-over from my previous makes and I loved the result. 



Me-Made-May recap for day 24-31.
Day 24: I wore a short-sleeved African printed dress, I made this dress last year using a self-drafted pattern.
Day 25: I wore a gingham cotton dress with a pleated skirt, I made this dress a few years back and the fit wasn't good anymore, too tight around the armholes and I should retire this dress.
Day 26: I wore a Burdastyle lace top that I made three years ago with a self-drafted a-line skirt that I made last year.
Day 27: I wore a floral dress with a ruffle yoke, I love the dress design but not the fabric. And I'd love to make this dress again using a cotton fabric.
Day 28: I wore a simplicity top 8593 with Burdastyle linen culottes. I love the culottes but not the top because of the design, not practical.
Day 29: I wore a line top with lace application that I made last year using a self-drafted pattern. Paired with a denim skirt with side buttons that I made a few years back using My Image pattern.
Day 30: I wore a kimono-style floral dress that I made a few years back using a Japanese pattern. I added the band at the hemline because the dress was too short for my liking.
Day 31: I wore my new square-neck linen top that I made recently using a self-drafted pattern, paired with Ottobre Design denim pants. 
The top was too tight after I tried it and I fixed it by adding bands on both sides, it's better now and more comfortable.





I also shared the recap on my YouTube channel and here are the links in case you are interested to see:
Me Made May Recap Day 15-23 Vlog:

Me Made May Recap Day 24-31 Vlog:

I think that is more than enough for today, thank you for stopping by and have a lovely sewing day 💗

Comments