DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Refashioned Patchwork Dress

I made a patchwork dress for my entry to #magamsewalong challenge on Instagram. The progress was very relaxing and I did it slowly, one hour every day in my free time and glad after two and half weeks I finished my dress. 

After searching for inspiration on Pinterest, I decided to make a simple dress with a v-neck and short sleeves. For the fabric, I reused the fabric from my two old favourite dresses that don't fit me anymore and leftover scrap. 

My sewing progress started with cutting all the fabrics into square and rectangle shapes, mixed the prints, pinned and sewed them together. After that, I sewed the raw edges using an overlocker machine and pressed them with an iron. The result was 1.5 m x 95 cm that was enough for me to make a short sleeves dress.

For the pattern, I used my self-drafted v-neck dress. The v-neckline finished with neck facing, invisible zipper at the center back, bust darts, back darts and short sleeves. 1.5 cm Seam allowance in all edges, 2.5 cm sleeve allowance and 3 cm hem allowance.
Pictures below show my dress pieces before sewing them together.

I fused the neck facing with fusible interfacing, sewed them (front and back) together and attached it to the neckline. Clipped the curve area and folded it to the inner dress. Pinned and top-stitched it by hand.


And here are more pictures of the whole dress and details. I love how the fabrics blended together nicely and also, the fit was lovely - just enough for my liking.

That's it for today and have a lovely weekend friends💗 Also thank you for hosting the challenge, SueSuzy and sagner by katrin.

P.S. This dress is the second version of my self-drafted v-neck dress, you can see the first version link here:  floral cotton dress.

Comments

  1. This turned out so lovely Hana! Love the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such fun to see what you'll sew next. It's always a treat and delightful inspiration. Adding that bow is a nice surprise. I like all the dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful dress. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so well done! I love how you patched the fabrics, then created the garment. What a refreshing way to make use of leftover fabrics from two of your favorite makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa, I'm thinking to make another dress :)

      Delete

Post a Comment