Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Floral Cotton Dress

I made this dress last month and I wore it twice since the day I finished it, the picture above was taken before swimming and I wore this dress for lunch and dinner outside as well. I love everything about this dress, especially the fit. Not too tight or too loose and I can wear this on any occasion, I just need to change the shoes and accessories 😊 

Dress description:
It has a v-neckline with three decorative buttons, short sleeves, knee-length, invisible zipper inserted at the center back, a little loose and flare style. Very comfortable to wear but stylish and girly at the same time.

Fabric and notion:
2 yards of cotton poplin from the local shop that I bought it recently. Sewing notion: invisible zipper, fusible interfacing, threads, buttons were from my stash.

Pattern: 
Self-drafted. I modified the basic dress sloper that I made in May, I changed the neckline into a v-neck, drafted the v-neck facing, used side front darts and made full arm adjustment on the sleeve.
Sewing process:
  • I cut the fabric and sewed the raw edges using my overlocker machine.
  • I fused fusible interfacing into the neck facing and along the center backs. Sewed the facings right sides together and pressed with an iron.
  • I sewed the darts and sewed the front and back shoulders right sides together. After that, I pinned and sewed the sleeves right sides together. Followed by sewing the dress sides right sides together, pressed with an iron.
  • I sewed the invisible zipper after that and sewed the rest of the backside. 
  • And then, I sewed the facing to the neckline right sides together, clipped the curve area and turned the facing inside, pressed with iron and top-stitched the facing by hand. 
  • I sewed the decorative buttons and I think they were very cute and added something to the dress.
  • The last part was sewed the hems and done 😍
Here are more pictures of the dress in my dress form and one more picture of me wearing it.





That's it for today, I will be sharing two more self-drafted dress soon. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy wearing this dress.

Happy sewing and stay safe my friends 💗

Comments

  1. This is a lovely dress, Hana! I can see why you love this dress and it is wonderful that you are able drafting your own well fitting pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sasa. I love simple and cosy dress with a little touch. Glad I drafted the pattern in May and I can't stop make it :))

      Delete

Post a Comment