DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

December and January Garments

Hello friends, I'm back after almost two months away from this blog. I hope all of you are safe and well. Today post is about the garments that I sewed and cowls that I knitted from December to January. 
I had so much fun drafting my own basic t-shirt jersey block pattern in December, I followed the Youtube tutorial from Bobbin And Drew. Feel free to check it out, I'm sure you will love it as much as I do. 
After I had my basic sloper, I made a wearable muslin as shown below. I used leftover yellow jersey fabric and added different fabric for the neckline, sleeve and hem because I don't have enough yellow fabric. 
The result was a little big for me, so I have to reduce both sides of the body and sleeves. Also, I made the neckline into a scoop neck style finished with the neckband 1.5 cm wide.
After I did the yellow t-shirt, I made the red and grey t-shirts using knit cotton that I bought from the local shop. I made it a little shorter than the yellow t-shirt and reduced 1.5 cm on both sides and sleeves. Shaped the waistline and I raised the neckline 1 cm from the yellow one.
I used the same fabric for the neckband, finished the sleeve and hemline with a twin needle.
I love the result and the fit, perfect t-shirts to wear daily with my handmade jeans 😀 Also, these two t-shirts were my entry to #sewyourwardrobebasics challenge (December "Cozy") on Instagram and blog hosted by Sea Of Teal
After I did the red and grey t-shirts, I made another one in printed knit cotton and I changed the neckline into a v-neck and also, I sewed the matching pants to wear as pyjama set. The pants pattern was Simplicity 1314 slim pants, I made three pairs before and this one is the number four, you can see the first version here.
The pyjama set was my entry to #magamsewalong December hosted by Sue - Fadanista and Suzy @ Sewing In Spain
To make the v-neck, I lowered the CF of my previous round neck t-shirts and made a new line for the front neck. And then finished with a neckband from the same fabric.
And the fifth version of the t-shirt was a high neck (turtle neck) top, I used medium weight knit cotton fabric. I copied the original neckline of my basic sloper, lowered the neckline 2 cm and drafted a new line of both front and back neck. And then added the turtle neck 8 cm tall (on the fold).

About the elastic waist pants, I used denim fabric from my stash. The pattern was Burda Easy January 2019 pattern number 5 A size 38. The original pattern was a little flare at the bottom and I modified it into slim pants. I reduced 2 cm on both sides of the bottom and made new lines until the knee.
I inserted the elastic inside the waistband, I love the result. So comfy and easy to wear.
I used lightweight printed cotton for the pockets and glad it looks cute after I finished them 😀
The slim pants were my entry to Magam sew-along J'adore January and Sew your wardrobe basics January challenge. Here is the link in case you want to see other participants in the Sew Your Wardrobe basics challenge.

The last post of today is the collection of handmade cowls, I'm thinking to write another post in the future and show you more details of these cowls.
For the light brown cowl, the pattern was based on a Ravelry chevron cowl and I added a few more rows of knit stitches between the chevrons.
And for the white and black cowls, I used my own pattern. The two cowls were gifts for my friends and so glad that they loved them.
I think that is more than enough for today, thank you for stopping by. Happy sewing friends 💗

Comments

  1. You have made such good use of your tshirt block! I enjoyed seeing all of the combinations you came up with, and adore those pajamas! Glad to see you back after two months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on Bloglovin’.Great tops! I like the varied necklines. I also like denim pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hana,
    I'm so happy you continue the basics sewing! You made such great basics! I love all the T-Shirts and the PJs!The jeans are amazing... looks like real jeans, but are very comfy! Great idea!
    Greetings from Germany,
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stef, thank you for your lovely words 😊❤

      Delete
  4. I love your varied t- shirts. All of them look better than basic! The trousers look comfy too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment