Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Color Block Dress

Hello friends, I was checking my closet last week and I realized that I needed to sew a few smart casual garments to wear for dinner out or a special occasion. 
I made a list and started to sew my first garment, a simple color block dress to wear for dinner out with my husband and son in the local restaurant. 
I followed my yearly plan and use stash fabrics first before buying the new ones. So, I checked my stash and found a leftover black crepe fabric and green lace remnant that I bought a few years back on my trip to Taiwan. The crepe fabric was just enough for the bodices, so I searched for another fabric in black and I found a knit blend for the sleeves.
After I had all the fabrics, I decided to plan the dress design. I wanted a simple shift dress with a little addition. So I made the upper front bodice with an asymmetric line of lace over the black crepe. Also, lace over the black knit blend for the sleeves finished with a black sleeve band.
I love this dress and I'm happy with the result. Simple, elegant and easy to wear with any kind of shoes/pumps and ankle boots.

For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern and modified the upper front bodice, as shown in the picture below. The neckline finished with neck-facings, an invisible zipper in the center back and the sleeve finished with a sleeve band.
The sewing process involved a lot of basting and pinning, especially in the lace fabric. I spent an hour just for pinning and basting but the result was great. 
For the sleeve bands, I cut the knit blend fabric 8 cm wide x the amount of the sleeve (on the fold). And then pinned and sewed to the sleeve. Easy and the result was so nice.
The picture below was taken in the restaurant, I loved the painting and asked my husband to take picture there 😊 Also, I changed my mind and wore the ankle boots and tights instead of pumps 😊

Before I say goodbye, I'd love to show you more pictures of the dinner. Beautiful views, 5-star food and service. Feel free to take a look and follow our second IG, The Empire Of The Palate where we are sharing our homemade food and also eating outside.


Stay safe and well my friends. Happy sewing and Happy Chinese New Year 💗

Comments

  1. Looks like a lovely place and meal! Your dress is perfect for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous dress Hana! Love all your pictures! Happy Chinese New Year! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hana, I hope you don't mind that I share a picture of you on my blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can share my picture, dear Ellen. My pleasure 😍😍

      Delete

Post a Comment