DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Image
Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts.  I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses.  This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily. For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make. For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern. At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt. Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the p

Boxy T-shirt

Hi, I made a new boxy t-shirt based on Burdastyle pattern and I wore it last weekend. I love it, so cozy and perfect for hot weather. The fabric was a meter of remnant animal print that I found during our trip to Taipei last year.
The pattern suggested to use 1.35 meters of fabric but as I had 1 meter only, I made the sleeves shorter and also shorten the t-shirt length just below my waistline.

Pattern: Burdastyle Boxy T-shirt 04/2019 - 108 size 36, and I made a few modifications due to  limited of fabric

  • I shorten the length a little, just below my waistline. 
  • Made the sleeve smaller.
  • And added two darts on the backside because the final t-shirt was too big for my liking.

The sewing process was quick and easy, the neckline finished with neckband piece sewn along the neckline, I clipped the curve area, folded and pinned to the inner neckline. Then carefully sewed/top-stitched.

I folded and sewed the sleeve on the bodice and sewed the side of the t-shirt. The last part was sewing the hem 1.5 cm.


I tried the t-shirt and found out that the back was too big for my liking. So I sewed two darts 3 cm wide (each) and happy with the final look.


I love this new top and I wore it with rtw tank top in black underneath. I paired with my self-drafted skirt with big side pockets in denim fabric.
I made the skirt two years ago and I'm planning to make one more with little modification. I'd love to  skip the side pockets and make it in a longer length 😊
We visited the local garden last weekend and so lovely to see the lotus flower blooming beautifully and decided to share some pictures with you.


Until next...

Find us on INSTAGRAM: @velvetribbon_sews
                  BLOGLOVIN' Velvet Ribbon

Comments