I am taking time for posting my flounce skirt because I am waiting for the t-shirt to wear with it. And after working for so many days, here is the result :) Finally I am wearing my skirt with the second version of Burda t-shirt 07/2008 -126
Well, before I show you the details of my work on the second t-shirt and flounce skirt, I would love to show you my first version of the t-shirt.
I had this pattern since 2008, I was planning to make it but always distracted with other things and in the end I completely forgot about my plan.
T-shirt details (first version)
- Left over knit cotton in navy blue, 1 1/4 yards
BurdaStyle magazine 07/2008 model 126 size 34. I don't have a link to click for the pattern detail but you can see the drawing below
|Image source from BurdaFashion|
I grade down the pattern to size 34 because the minimum size from the magazine is 36. I also reduced the armholes 1/4 cm.
Then I cut and sew the fabric exactly like the original pattern.
The process was fine, the t-shirt came with two pieces of pattern - front and back on fold and the back band.
The only tricky part was sewing the back band. I need to pull and sew it at the same time to get it right.
The neckline and armholes finished with 1 cm bands sewn with twin needle using orange color thread. I used twin needle as well for the hemline.
After all, I think the t-shirt turned out cute and I like it :)
Here are the pictures of the finished t-shirt, front - back and side views,
And here is the closer look of the finished neckband, armhole bands and back bottom band
T-shirt details ( second version)
- Left over knit cotton in grey and purple 1 1/4 yards
I omitted the back band.
I copied the pattern, slash the side. So I have two separate pieces of pattern ( front and back).
Then I lengthen the middle back to a full back piece pattern ( because the original pattern has a square hole to sew the band)
After that, I reduced the hem 5 cm and modified the hemline with U shape in both front and back.
Same as the first version, the neckline and armholes finished with 1 cm bands from the same fabric.
And the hemline finished with 1.5 cm hem allowance sewn with twin needle.
I really love the result more than the first version, the t-shirt looks so cool and modern with U shape hem line. And here are the pictures of the front and back views
And the picture of the closer look of the neckband, armhole bands and hemline
Flounce Skirt details
2 yards of navy blue medium crepe
Fusible interfacing for the waistband
BurdaStyle Flounce Mini Skirt 09/2014 size 34. I added a waistband 4 cm wide for the skirt finished with hook n eye fasteners.
|Image source from BurdaStyle|
I drew the flounce according to the instructions.
Cut and sew the fabric in order and sew the invisible zipper.
After that I fused fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the waistband and sew it onto the skirt body right sides together. Folded the waistband wrong side together and pin the seam allowance 1.5 cm inside the waistband. And sew along until the end.
And then sew the hook n eye fasteners.
I top stitched the upper flounce, in this case I just placed the seam allowance to the upper direction and top stitched them from the right side of the skirt.
Then, the last work was sew the hemline 1 cm hem allowance. Press with iron. Done!
Here are the two pictures of the skirt details. It is very difficult to see the details because of dark colour but I think you can guess :)
And the last two pictures of me wearing the garments, front and side views,
This skirt is my second garment for June's Magam Challenge with the theme "Stashbuster"
I had one finished June's garment (orange short) but I will be posting the details when the top is ready. And also, my gingham dress is on the way to finish. It supposed to be for June garment challenge but I will extend it for July garment. So, the next post will be a mix between June and July garments. I hope Sarah Liz will accept it :)