Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

DIY Friday : Christmas Goodie Bags

Hello...
I made two kind of oreo bites two days ago, one covered with dark chocolate and the other covered with white chocolate. Both were easy to make and delicious.
And then I remembered that I need some goodie bag to put them.
I searched inside my kitchen drawer and I couldn't find any. I was thinking to buy in the supermarket nearby but I decided that I need to make myself. I have a lot of scrap and it will be a good idea to use them... And also, as we are in Christmas season, I added Christmas tree felt decoration in it.

I am sure many of you already made a simple goodie bag or at least already have an idea how to make it. But anyway, I will show you my work on making this easy little thing and I hope you enjoy it :)

The size of this goodie bags approximately 20 cm width and 26 cm tall.

Materials:
~~ Just a little note : you can change the measurement of the goodie bag as your desire ~~

White cotton fabric in rectangle shape 23 cm width x 56 cm long - the measurement is including 1.5 cm seam allowance and 2 cm folded on the top of the bag to insert the ribbon, 2 pieces of 85 cm fabric ribbon in red color, white thread and diy Christmas tree felt for decoration ( I drew the Christmas tree template on the lightweight polyester felt using fabric pencil and cut it).

Sewing Process:
I sew the raw edges of my fabric using an overlocker sewing machine.
Pin the Christmas tree felt on the right side of the fabric, in the front side. Then carefully sew it using sewing machine.

Fold the fabric right side together, measure from the top 4 cm and pin it. Sew the fabric with 1.5 cm seam allowance starting from the pin down. As shown in the picture below, the green line is the line that suppose to sew.

Open the seam allowance and pin both side of the fabric, as shown in the picture below

Then sew along the opening area. Here is the result,

Then I worked on the top side where I suppose to insert the ribbon.
I fold the top of the fabric 2 cm in both front and back, pin it and sew around.

Turn it inside out and here is the result

I knotted both end of the ribbon. Then insert it inside the folded fabric using safety pin.

Insert the ribbon one more time but until the front bag only. Now I can pull or loosen the ribbon without being worried that might came out.

I am done!
Now I can fill my bag with homemade sweets :)

One more picture of finished bag with goodies. For more nicer look, you can finish your goodie bag with butterfly knot, as shown in the picture at the beginning of the post

As the oreo bites were very cute and delicious, I think they deserved more pictures to show to you :) And you can make this easy bites yourself, I bet you and especially your kids will love it.
You can pop over this link for the recipe, Snowman And Reindeer Oreo Pops


This DIY Friday will be run every week, you can follow me through PINTEREST, FACEBOOK or FLICKR

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comments

  1. Happy Christmas Hana! Your Oreo bites look so delicious...I love the snowmen, and the red noses on the reindeer are endearing! For all the sewing I do, I have not made any goody bags. Your instructions are so clear and easy to follow, I just might have to make a couple from scraps in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

      Delete
  2. Hana, your goodie bags are adorable.. and what sweet/pretty treats you made.. Looks so yummy..
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. Merry Christmas to you and your family too :)

      Delete
  3. Aren't they gorgeous - the bags and the little sweet goodies - they are going to make someone happy. Hana, I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah Liz. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too :)

      Delete
  4. So cute Hana! What a great idea, whomever receives these treats, is so lucky! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margo. Merry Christmas to you and your family too :)

      Delete
  5. Those little bags are perfect to hold those adorable looking goodies! Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment