Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Floral Shorts

floral shorts front
Hello all,
I finished this floral shorts yesterday but still missing the refashion t-shirt and hand bag to complete my first project for 2013 style the stash sew a long.
While I am working on my refashion t-shirt, I'd love to share the details of the shorts with all of you.

Materials:
1.5 yards of light weight floral linen, 1 yard of silk crepe de chine for shorts lining, 2 yards of cotton lace, fusible interfacing, invisible zipper, hook n' eye, 4 small snap fasteners and same color of thread.

Pattern modifications:
I made this shorts from pencil pants pattern, based on Burdastyle Pencil Pants 04/2013 size 38.

As shown on my sketch above, I reduced/shorten the middle center of the pattern 6 cm - because the pattern is way to long for my petite body.
For the length of the shorts, I measured from the waist (a) down to the thigh area (b) 40 cm. And from crotch area (c) down to the inner thigh area (d) 21 cm. I also extend/added the side 2.5 cm, then I drew a new line from b to d.
Then I drew the waist band 4 cm wide, 89 cm long.
I added 1.5 cm seam allowance to all edges and 4 cm for hem allowance.

How I worked:
After I had all the pattern pieces, I transferred to a floral linen that I already prepared. I also cut the silk crepe de chine fabric for the lining but here I made the length of the shorts lining 6 cm less than the body (floral linen).
Then I pin and sew it according to the sewing instructions.
For the shorts lining - I  hand sewn the invisible zipper on the lining and finished the hem line with  the lace around it.



And here are more pictures of my floral shorts,
floral shorts back




As shown in the picture above, the waist band finished with hook n' eye and snap fasteners.

I hope you like it and happy sewing to you all!

Comments

  1. These a re very beautiful shorts. Thank you for taking the time to show the alterations you made to the original pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty fabric and I'm impressed with lining them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lining - I am sure that I could wear them inside out !!! I wish I was a little younger so I could wear that look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such pretty little shorts - good idea to use a long pants pattern as the base - I assumed you found a cute flared shorts pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone for your fabulous comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness, those must be the cutest little shorts I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shorts! I want a pair now, I love the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment