Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

2013 Style The Stash Sew A Long


Hello everyone!
I am joining Sarah of SarahLiz Sew Style on a challenge to sew garments from the stash. And here are my sewing plans/ideas for June 2013,

My first project is an outfit (floral shorts and matching t-shirt), inspired by Instyle - Summer Fashion 2013 .
I am  going to use a pencil pants pattern based on Burdastyle Pencil Pants 04/2013 for this shorts, I will explain to you how I made a shorts pattern from a pants pattern on my next post.
For the fabric, I will use 1 1/5 yards of light weight floral linen. I am thinking of making a matching bag if I have the left over fabric, I will see later:)
Also, I am thinking of matching the shorts with a purple t-shirt. I had an idea of refashion a men t-shirt that I had inside my stash.


image source



And my second project is brocade dress based on Burdastyle Sweetheart Dress 04/2013.
I have 2 yards of brocade fabric in floral green in my stash for so long waiting for the right pattern.

image source


Happy sewing and wishing you a very good weekend (it's almost weekend here in Macau)!
P.S. If you are interested with style the stash sew a long group, please head over this link, Style The Stash Sew A Long. Some of the participants already made a lovely projects.

Comments

  1. Great Plans Hana!They Are Gonna Turn Up Pretty IM Sure! Have A Nice Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is to think big! Perfect project for this month ... Looking forward ... I love the idea of ​​making a bag to matching with your pants ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hana, I can't wait to see these garments made up - they are all going to be so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hana looking forward to seeing this fabric from the stash made up. I am enjoying your blog and love the last Burda dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ladies! Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment