Lace Long Sleeve Flowy Blouse

Image
I'm finally back to writing on this blog after being busy for two months, I still sew some small items and mend a few clothes but haven't sewn new clothes.  Until two days before Valentine's arrived, I felt like I had to sew a new blouse to wear to dinner. The blouse had to be in the shade of pink, so I checked my stash and found 2 yards of lace fabric in fuchsia that I don't remember when I bought it. After I had the fabric, I started making the pattern (based on my previous self-drafted blouse pattern) I modified the pattern into a flowy blouse. The pattern was simple, a round neckline, gathered front and back yokes and gathered sleeves with elastic bands. Here is the pattern that I drafted, And after the pattern was done, I cut the fabric as usual. The sewing process was fun and turned out to be easier than I imagined. I sewed the neckline front and back yokes and then attached them to the gathered bodices as shown below. After that, I sewed the shoulder lines togeth

Pink Sorbetto and 3/4 Pants



pink sorbetto


pink sorbetto


pink sorbetto

Actually, I finished this pink sorbetto and 3/4 pants on sunday last week but only now I am having time to publish it. I get distracted with my last project for palette challenge ss2012 and finally I finished the challenge:-)  Hooray!!
The fabric for pink sorbetto top is light pink cotton that I had already inside my stash.
The pattern is sorbetto from colette patterns (I think everyone already knew about this sorbetto). I made my sorbetto little different from the original pattern, here is my pattern modifications:
  • Removed the bust dart.
  • Make 2" (5 cm) wide for the neckline and armholes facing.
  • Topstitched the armholes and neckline using hand sewing.

How I inserted the neck and armholes facing:
 
Sew the front and back neck facing right sides together. Then stitch it around the neckline. Turn the facing inside and topstitched around about 1/4". After that, I did hand stitch about 1 cm  around the neckline  ( here I used red colour thread).
I did the same for the armholes facing. 

3/4 pants


3/4 pants

I made this pants faster than I thought, maybe because I already made two pairs of shorts from the same pattern, ellen #9305.
Pattern adjustment for 3/4 pants, I shorten the length of the pants about 12". I also made a smaller waistband by reduced 1/2 " wide from the original pattern.
For the pockets, I did the same as my last project ellen #9305 shorts B.
For the zipper and any details of the pants you can follow the instuctions on ellen #9305
Happy sewing and see you soon on my next project:-)

       


Comments