Crochet Swimsuit Cover-up Dress

Image
Hi there, I hope you are well. I finally finished my crochet swimsuit cover-up dress that I started at the beginning of February. I enjoyed the slow process and was happy with how it turned out. I used 9 skeins of off-white cotton yarn and a 3 mm crochet hook. For the pattern, I followed a YouTube tutorial from  Crochettoz . It's a clear and easy tutorial to follow, thank you so much 😍 Also, I shared my process of making this cover-up on my YouTube channel, click the video below if you want to see it. And please, subscribe to my channel if you like the video and want to see more in the future 😊😍 I took a few photos of the progress and the picture below shows the start of the cover-up dress. I did chain stitch until I reached 60'' and followed with double crochet stitch and then crocheted the patterns. I mostly crochet at night when I finish all the house chores and sometimes in the afternoon when I'm sitting on the sofa.  The cover

DIY V-neck Tiered Dress

Hello, I made three dresses to wear on my trip to Bangkok during the Easter holiday and this dress is the first one I made. I will share another two in the next posts. 
I started working on this dress two weeks before the trip and I'm glad I managed to finish it on time, as well as my other dresses. 
This dress was fun and relaxing to sew because I made one before in a midi length, so this time I shortened the length until my knee and sewed it easily.

For the fabric, I used a printed rayon from my stash and white cotton lining leftover from my previous make.
For the pattern, I used my self-drafted pattern.

At first, I didn't want to add the lining but I had to because the fabric was a bit transparent, the lining fabric wasn't enough and I connected the pieces to make the back skirt.

Here is the look of the fabric after cutting and the skirt was pieces of a rectangle: the first tiers - front and back, the last tier on the fold ( I forgot to take the picture).


I gathered the skirt pieces and lined them on the floor before sewing, the first tiers (front and back skirt) and the last tier.

I attached the first tier to the bodice and also the lining too. Pinned and sewed it.


I sewed the last tier, the invisible zipper, and hemmed the dress.
Sewing the lining to the bodices and skirts wasn't easy, I did a lot of basting before sewing and I'm glad I managed to finish it nicely. 
And here is the finished dress, I love it and it's so flowy, perfect for summer.

I have a new YouTube channel to explain more detail about this dress and in case you are interested to watch, here is the video








That's it for today, see you again soon 💗 Take care and happy sewing 💗✂

Comments

  1. Obsessed with the sleek and chic cropped tank tops by JAUNTY! The perfect blend of comfort and style for any summer adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment